FT: Stone Enjoy By 09.13.13 IPA, ISO: Heady, Pliny, or other 4.4+ IPAs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianmatth

Reaction score
I'm all about the IPAs and was able to score a case of Stone Enjoy By 09.13.13 IPA today. I'm looking for IPAs rated 4.4 or better, as so far this is the highest rated IPA I've been able to acquire in NJ. I can get a lot of Stone, and I can also get beers from Founders and Firestone Walker, but I'd love to try some top rated IPAs from The Alchemist, Russian River, Three Floyds, Kern River, Bell's, or Hill Farmstead.

I can get most bells, resin, as well as headhunter from Fatheads. I live in ohio if you want to look at seekabrew to see what else you may be interested in. Let me know. I'll trade you.

I'm all about the IPAs and was able to score a case of Stone Enjoy By 09.13.13 IPA today. I'm looking for IPAs rated 4.4 or better, as so far this is the highest rated IPA I've been able to acquire in NJ. I can get a lot of Stone, and I can also get beers from Founders and Firestone Walker, but I'd love to try some top rated IPAs from The Alchemist, Russian River, Three Floyds, Kern River, Bell's, or Hill Farmstead.

There's only 13 IPAs/DIPAs that are rated at 4.4 or higher and several of them are seasonal releases, which means there are only about 9-10 beers that qualify for your request. Of those, none of them are widely distributed shelf beers like the "Enjoy By" are. I'm not saying that your request is totally off base, but you may want to consider some stuff that's not rated quite as high on BA. I was surprised to see some great beers like Myrcenary, Gandhi-Bot, Ninja vs Unicorn, Lunch... all below the 4.4 score but they would all be great trades for Enjoy By.
Best of luck!

Forget about ratings. Many of us around here can point you to ipas that are awesome, but might not be rated that high.

Ive had highly rated beers that I thought sucked. And I have had mid 3 rated beers that were really great. If you are going to use ratings, anything above 3.5 is worth trying in my opinion.

Drphunk listed aome awesome ones. Ghandi bot might just be my personal favorite beer. You could also seek out revolution anti hero. And any of the pipeworks ipas are fantastic. However, since the stone stuff is so widely distributed, I dont know if it will land you some of them.

If I was you I would take medicmang up on some fatheads....that stuff is supposed to be awesome.

TheMan said:
If I was you I would take medicmang up on some fatheads....that stuff is supposed to be awesome.

Truth. I can usually pick up anti-hero as well if interested in getting rid of a couple bottles. Keep me posted. I can trade as soon as tomorrow.

There's only 13 IPAs/DIPAs that are rated at 4.4 or higher and several of them are seasonal releases, which means there are only about 9-10 beers that qualify for your request. Of those, none of them are widely distributed shelf beers like the "Enjoy By" are. I'm not saying that your request is totally off base, but you may want to consider some stuff that's not rated quite as high on BA. I was surprised to see some great beers like Myrcenary, Gandhi-Bot, Ninja vs Unicorn, Lunch... all below the 4.4 score but they would all be great trades for Enjoy By.
Best of luck!

I'd be open to other top-250 beers that I haven't tried, but with the shipping I don't think it would really be worth it as I have been contacted about Heady Topper and some other highly rated beers.

I'd be open to other top-250 beers that I haven't tried, but with the shipping I don't think it would really be worth it as I have been contacted about Heady Topper and some other highly rated beers.

By all means, if you have deals in the works fo heady topper take it. I didnt mean not to, nor do I think drphunk did. We just saw you wanting highly rated beers, and wanted to make sure you dont throw out any offers for something that might be a really stellar beer, just not rated that high.

Glad you got the heady lined up. Its a great beer.

TheMan said:
By all means, if you have deals in the works fo heady topper take it. I didnt mean not to, nor do I think drphunk did. We just saw you wanting highly rated beers, and wanted to make sure you dont throw out any offers for something that might be a really stellar beer, just not rated that high.

Glad you got the heady lined up. Its a great beer.

I agree with TheMan and am happy you were able to set something up! Enjoy!

Heady for Enjoy?!? Looks somebody just traded up. Great trade on your end. Not surprising though. I'd guess they live close to The Alchemist and Heady has become common. I'm the same way with Floyds. I live within walking distance and I forget how sought after it is. Happy hunting.

Awesome trade! I'm drinking a Heady, some Abner, and some Enjoy By right now.

Latest posts

Back