Fruitful furlough

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azazel1024

Reaction score
Not getting in to the politics of it, but I managed to find one escape from the anxiety...brewing!

I think I annoyed my wife with it all though. I squeezed in 2 gallons of hard cider at the start (just about ready to bottle), then I brewed up a 3.75G batch of Watermelon Wheat beer (probably needs another couple of weeks in the secondary) and I also have a 2.5G batch of India Brown Ale that has 2 more weeks in the primary and a maybe a week in the secondary (for clarifying and dry hopping) to go.

I also managed to spend some time working up the next 3 batches. Next is a nice Belgian Dupple with some Orange peel mixed in. Then on to a Roggenbier and finally I'll be doing a Oatmeal Coffee Milk Stout (it might end up being an Imperial). I ran out of fermentation vessels though...but I was able to do a lot of planning (and brewing)...so at least something good came out of all of my mandatory time at home (and knocked off about 2 months worth of my "honey-do" list in 2 weeks).

Back