Fruit press for sake?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're gonna eat it? Pressed lees?
Lemme know how that goes.
Its odd to me but at the same time I'm big on using everything if I can. I just flush my carboys with water and dump mine in my garden for a nutrient rich fertilizer. It probably tastes better with unfermented rice starch though.

Yeah man. I've heard of this practice before but never got to ask anyone about it.
Have you tried it before?
I find something oddly circle of lifey when I use my low corn wines, spent grain, and lees back in to my corn garden lol

Where did the eating sake lees come from?
For separation of lees and sake almost anything will work. As long as you have a fairly fine mesh/strainer to contain the lees it will work. I use 5 gallon paint strainer bags and weights between two nesting plastic tubs. Holes in the bottom of the bottom tub will allow sake to drain while containing lees inside strainer, while the inner tub contains weight to press on the lees.
BTW, we use the lees to marinade fish- kasusake salmon, for example, and it is great! It can also be used to make pickles.

Back