First all grain brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bostonbrewin63

Reaction score
Well I have been doing extract brews for over 2 years an the beer came out great! So I never really wanted to go all grain, but now that I did my first one I'm kicking myself in the butt... Not only is there sooooo much more to it... It takes longer!! So that means more beers with the guys... Hahah. The first one came out well so far.., we will see in the end.

I do have a question.. What websites do you guys use for calculations, For ur brew?

Thanks!

I use BeerSmith, you can get a free trial version to play with and it's great.

Nice thing about Beersmith is you can customize your equipment so when it kicks out numbers, it's kicking out ones that are exact for your stuff. Over a few batches, you can fine tune your equipment profile if necessary to make up for less than expected volumes or consistently missing OG in a particular direction, etc. Soon, you get to the point where you can completely trust all the numbers it's outputting for each brew session and any number stress that may have existed in the past, is gone.

Back