Fresh Hop Zappa Using First Snow (This Should Have a Great Name)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peace & Yeast

Reaction score
Snow is the key ingredient and for all the 5 gallon brewers out there how much snow will get me my mash/sparge to melt down to brew with 11-13 gallons is plenty and less than an hour and fun too.
I'm using 2019 Zappa a super fruity Neo-mexi clone new last year to the hop fruity world.
I'll pair Zappa up with another mexi clone Sabro has coconut that really stands out.
I'll whirlpool and dry hop with Galaxy/Zappa/Sabro/Medusa in several super quick stages throughout 4 days.

All Grain 2-Row @ 12lbs
Pilz @ 1lb
Maris Otter @ 1lb
Flaked Wheat @ 1/2lb
Thick Oats @ 3lbs

Yeast - Imperial Dry Hop A24

This is higher gravity double IPA recipe and no hops in the boil please start your schedule at flameout and you can whirlpool any of these down in the 100's for super fruity dank flavors. Most folks have their own way of brewing this is just a short grain and hops recipe to knock out. Cheers!

You want to melt down snow for your brewing liquor? Average conversion snow:water is about 10:1, but it gets higher the colder the air is. So if you want 13gal of brewing liquor you'll need to collect roughly 130gal of snow at minimum.

If you live in or near a urban area don't use the very first snow, it can contain pollutants from the air unless it had been raining before the snow started.

Husky a Go-Go

watch out where the Husky go.

Back