I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening ladies and germs. Sounds like the mood needs lightened up a bit.

A little Island style for your listening pleasure

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't we all just a collection of memories? How other see us, how you see yourself. Bottom line for me is when I look in the mirror am I content with how I am. Not that I haven't made mistakes BUT those mistakes IF learned from help to mold us to be a better person. There hasn't been one person on this wonderful site that I don't think I could hang out have a few and enjoy the experience. I have met several, talked, helped, traded with and have never been disappointed. If anyone wants stop by have a beer(yes, I know I have too many) I will be enriched by the meeting.:tank:

My buddy Darryl checking into the late night thread! Hope all is well with you and your lovely wife.

My baseball team is finishing off the Red Sox to win the series, so all is well here.

Good evening late night crew. For your late night soundtrack... more Wood Brothers, covering Los Lobos. I was living this 2 days ago. Drank some red wine while cooking and woke up in Nastyville.

beaksnbeer said:
Micromatic has a place up in Brooksville have deals quite often, That's how I ended up with 12 taps instead of 10 I had planned:D

What do you do, get a separate regulatory for the wine and only give it a couple pounds? Or it is a different kind of a valve? How to keep the wine from carbonating..

Especially for Dan, who's proclaimed an interesting in music. Here's a little genre called trip hop (not quite what the name makes it sound like):

(It's a live version because the audio wasn't nearly as good on the others I checked. Best listened to with headphones or quality speakers)

What do you do, get a separate regulatory for the wine and only give it a couple pounds? Or it is a different kind of a valve? How to keep the wine from carbonating..

Some people do CO2 at a low psi but obviously that's not ideal. Still wine should be pushed with pure argon or nitrogen.

BBL_Brewer said:
I'm thinking they probably push it with something other than CO2.

emjay said:
Some people do CO2 at a low psi but obviously that's not ideal. Still wine should be pushed with pure argon or nitrogen.

So those other gasses won't go into solution at lower pressures? Obviously nitrogen will eventually..

Naw, you want to use beer gas (CO2 and N2). Easy to come by and works great from what I've read. Plus, you can push stouts with it for that creamy head.

You don't "want" to use beer gas. It's better than just CO2, obviously, but pure N2 or argon is ideal. Argon is most often used for such wine systems, in fact.

But a homebrewer might prefer to use beergas and not want THREE gas tanks, so some may just find it more practical. I don't think you can really use separate tanks for both components of beer gas (at least not in any practical residential way), but theoretically if you could that would definitely be the best option because it'd still be only 2 tanks, serving the purpose of three.

You don't "want" to use beer gas. It's better than just CO2, obviously, but pure N2 or argon is ideal. Argon is most often used for such wine systems, in fact.

But a homebrewer might prefer to use beergas and not want THREE gas tanks, so some may just find it more practical. I don't think you can really use separate tanks for both components of beer gas (at least not in any practical residential way), but theoretically if you could that would definitely be the best option because it'd still be only 2 tanks, serving the purpose of three.

I have a gas blender for my Co2 and N2 for stouts was originally used for my tig welder

Maybe you're right, but check this out:

http://www.iddeas.com/documents/WineonTapisback_000.pdf

One of the most important and sadly, most overlooked requirements of a proper wine
system is the presence of carbon dioxide in the gas blend.
After fermentation, wine is
supersaturated with CO2and other gases. During the aging process, these gases, along with
sulfur dioxide provide protection against oxidation in the wine. Eventually most of the gas
dissipates, but a portion of the gas remains in the wine giving it important sensory
characteristics. When commercial wines are bottled or packaged, they are done so with a
carefully determined amount of dissolved CO2 left in the wine, or adjusted to a level
stipulated by the winemaker. Dissolved CO2 in wine doesn’t mean the wine is carbonated,
we’re talking about concentrations in the neighborhood of 400 ppm (parts per million) to
1,200 ppm. Wine doesn’t seem “spritzy” below about 4,000 ppm, and Champagne is often
around 7,500 ppm dissolved CO2. What the dissolved gas does in still wine is give it
liveliness on the palate, and it helps to elevate the aromatics. Dissolved gas is an important
component of a well balanced wine.

I have a gas blender for my Co2 and N2 for stouts was originally used for my tig welder

Cool. I wonder if you can send it to one line that blends with CO2 (for beergas) and one that doesn't (for wine and other still beverages).

Maybe you're right, but check this out:

http://www.iddeas.com/documents/WineonTapisback_000.pdf

One of the most important and sadly, most overlooked requirements of a proper wine
system is the presence of carbon dioxide in the gas blend. After fermentation, wine is
supersaturated with CO2and other gases. During the aging process, these gases, along with
sulfur dioxide provide protection against oxidation in the wine. Eventually most of the gas
dissipates, but a portion of the gas remains in the wine giving it important sensory
characteristics. When commercial wines are bottled or packaged, they are done so with a
carefully determined amount of dissolved CO2 left in the wine, or adjusted to a level
stipulated by the winemaker. Dissolved CO2 in wine doesn’t mean the wine is carbonated,
we’re talking about concentrations in the neighborhood of 400 ppm (parts per million) to
1,200 ppm. Wine doesn’t seem “spritzy” below about 4,000 ppm, and Champagne is often
around 7,500 ppm dissolved CO2. What the dissolved gas does in still wine is give it
liveliness on the palate, and it helps to elevate the aromatics. Dissolved gas is an important
component of a well balanced wine.

Oh, I know, but it seems like you'd need absurdly low PSIs to avoid overdoing it. Regardless, proper commercial dispensing systems definitely use argon. Heck, the better "wine savers" (to protect the wine when you don't finish a bottle) inject the bottle with nitrogen - and if CO2 was just as good I can't imagine why they'd use nitrogen instead.

I hope I can get this in while it's still page 701, if not, that's okay. There was this bar in Daytona Beach Florida called 701 South, on A1A avenue. The name of the club and their address were the same, clever I thought. Anyway, one time I got caught up in the middle of a mosh pit and this guy picked me up and threw me out of the way. People that were watching caught me.

:mug:

I hope I can get this in while it's still page 701, if not, that's okay. There was this bar in Daytona Beach Florida called 701 South, on A1A avenue. The name of the club and their address were the same, clever I thought. Anyway, one time I got caught up in the middle of a mosh pit and this guy picked me up and threw me out of the way. People that were watching caught me.

:mug:

Its page 101 on my screen.

There can be real jackasses in mosh pit. You'd be surprised how many people go into them with the primary purpose of injuring others.

Now that's a smooth voice.

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, LG but this video is the beginning of a very happy story. Susan Boyle. Not taken seriously at first and then she begins to sing and she is beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSrAJsWvEIc
Thanks guys. Sometimes I depress myself and I need a little kick in the but to get out of it.

Been thinking a bit about WHO I am as of late. Not race or status in life but how I see myself inside my mind and if it is possible even to explain what I think.

Sheesh I cannot even pose the idea in a cognizant manner much less what I see myself as

I have been roaming around in my own head all day today...
Uh, yeah. I guess I should have mentioned this before I started posting directions on meditation. You need to be careful about getting a little to introspective sometimes. Self examination can turn into an obsession much more easily then most people realize...

This is your life. If you spend to much of it looking inward, you're liable to miss the truly beautiful things going on all around you.

I hear you can take the juice in jail and make a little prison hooch:D
One can do this even when not in prison. :mug:

It really doesn't taste bad as long as you use decent juice. :tank:

I've posted in many a 'who here kegs wine' thread but for those here... I have a two tap tower and always push one beer and one wine/mead. The beer sits in the fridge and the wine/mead sits outside. Gas is run through a single regulator with a dual splitter and valve on each line. At room temp and regular serving pressure there isn't any noticeable carbonation. The wine/mead line is coiled on the side of the fridge. I believe there's around 25 or so feet coiled in there and it serves a chilled wine with no carbonation.

The need for specialty gases are greatly exaggerated.

You guys. I might have to pull the trigger on the co2 setup now. I'd love to be able to force carb some cider or white wine.

Anyone remember Pinky and the Brain?

Yes!! I used to have this friend, well, I still have her as a friend but now she's living back in Maine. But she used to live nearby and would stop by to see me almost every single morning. We went through the routine each morning, she'd ask, so what do you want to do today? And I'd tell her what part of the world we were trying to take over that day. I miss her. Even though sometimes she would annoy me coming around so much. Always wanting to hang out and help me with whatever I was up to that day. I really miss her. Once at a Halloween party, she was my fallen angel. She had a little too much to drink and I had to carry her to the car. I was dressed as a white angel, and she was dressed as a black one, it was kind of funny until she puked in my back seat on the way home.

Back