Free 14% Stout, SoCal Beaumont 92223

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdawg86

Reaction score
Ok... before I brewed beer, I thought I was a stout guy... now that I am alot more in tune to what is "out there" my preferences have changed. Full disclosure I have been brewing a little more than 1 year. I purchased Bourbon County Stout all grain clone and brewed it... new brewer, new equipment, missed my numbers by a mile and ended up with a partigyle brew added 3 lbs DME to this batch to bring up my numbers....

5 Gallons Goose BCS Stout Bastard Clone

OG 1.118
FG 1.012
The Yeast Bay Dry Belgian
Primary for about 3 weeks.
Racked to secondary for 4 months.
Added oak spiral and Bourbon (16oz) at about 3 months.
Just kegged about 1.5 weeks ago.

To be honest, it's not bad at all. No off flavors. It's boozy. I just have grown to love beers in the 6-8% range as Saisons, Sours, Pale Ales, Belgians, Lagers and NEIPA... essentially the imperial lawnmower beers. I don't see myself finishing this keg as it's too heavy. If you are able to blend beers this would probably work too!

I am offering someone the opportunity to closed loop transfer to their keg, or to exchange an empy for my full (must be Torpedo brand). I'd even take the ingredients for SMASH beer or something simple (pale, wheat, saison, etc). Either way this is good beer to someone, and I'd like to offer it a new home.

Last edited:
I cannot edit the OP, but since got no hits I decided to keep it to see how it mellows with time in the keg.

Back