First Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cummins2500hd

Reaction score
Finished my first brew every, Rye IPA.

I have nothing to compare the taste of the beer against or to know if it tastes right or wrong. Hoping someone may be able to help me out, maybe even locally in South Central PA.

Matt

I am from central Ga and have three brews under my belt. I have brewed Oktober Fest, Raspberry hard cider, and am awaiting my caribou Slobber to finish conditioning. I have invited friends over for tasting parties and they all have enjoyed my brew. I also have bought commercially brewed beer for a comparison. The best advise I could give would when tasting your brew try and get a close comparison and invite friends over. Having constructive criticism helps a lot.

I'm in southeast PA. The only experience u have with rye brewing was an all rye beer I tried but I thought it was a little lacking. It was one if my first an was just throwing whatever and seeing what stuck. 100% rye ale didn't stick for me. Maybe using it as it was intended will turn out better for you(would almost have to) than it did for me. I'm sure you will wind up with a quite tasty beer. The all rye ale I made was drinkable but wasn't an I'd have to brew that again kind if beer. I'm sure yours will turn out better as I know the next rye I brew will turn out better than the first just from my experience I've accumulated in my short brewing history.

Just my .02 but I think you'll come out just fine.

Finished my first brew every, Rye IPA.

I have nothing to compare the taste of the beer against or to know if it tastes right or wrong. Hoping someone may be able to help me out, maybe even locally in South Central PA.

Matt

Be glad to trade with you, I have a Raspberry Ale and a Holiday Spiced Ale to swap if you'd like to try. Im in upstate NY, mailing it to Pa. would just be a couple of bucks or I will use FedEx since Im employed there.

Latest posts

Back