First all grain brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwalkerphl

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just came back to brewing after 5 years, previously only going as far as partial extract. I decided to go with all grain, and picked up a Unibrau. I started my first batch last week, a White IPA. I have it in an SST Brewbucket that I am temperature controlling and have been upping the temp over a week from 67 to 75. OG was 1052, and it’s currently at 1014, so
it’s going well, and it’s still quite active. I dry hopped today, and took the sample to test (it tastes great so far!), and noticed it has some particles of grain still in there. If I crash it in a week, should that take care of it before I keg it? I am not looking for clarity, as it is a witbier base and I want it a little cloudy. Thanks!

Hi all,

I just came back to brewing after 5 years, previously only going as far as partial extract. I decided to go with all grain, and picked up a Unibrau. I started my first batch last week, a White IPA. I have it in an SST Brewbucket that I am temperature controlling and have been upping the temp over a week from 67 to 75. OG was 1052, and it’s currently at 1014, so
it’s going well, and it’s still quite active. I dry hopped today, and took the sample to test (it tastes great so far!), and noticed it has some particles of grain still in there. If I crash it in a week, should that take care of it before I keg it? I am not looking for clarity, as it is a witbier base and I want it a little cloudy. Thanks!

Crashing will take care of the grain, yeah.

Back