Temperatures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stu4stew

Reaction score
I recently invested in a chest freezer to improve the quality of my homebrew. I wired up a stc 1000 and it is working great.

I was wondering what temperatures everyone sets theres at for the different processes (ie ales, lagers, bottles for drinking, cold crash)

I currently dont have anything fermenting (hopefully to change this weekend) and the freezer is currently set to 6 C just for my beer that I drinking out of the bottle.

Thanks in advance

Well, the ferment temps are pretty yeast-dependent. Generally, I start ales around the low 60's as measured on the bucket, run them there a week and then slowly let them come up into the 66-67*F range to finish and clean up. Lagers- I pitch and ferment 48-50*F until they are getting close to expected FG and then let them rise to 61*F for a few days of d-rest.

Cold crash, yeast storage and lagering I do at 35*F. That would work OK for bottle storage too.

Back