Finally......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarrenUK

Reaction score
Finally a forum that isn't scared of the word Still, distilling or just intelligent conversation.

Tried other forums and got jumped for just the mention of a still.

Well I'm glad somewhere like this exists. In the other forum I only mentioned distilling as a passing comment as I was looking into electrical Mash systems and liked the look of the one that has attachments to turn it into a still.... I might as well kicked there front door open a pulled my pants down over there dinner with the way they took it.

Maybe I'm just clueless. But I have always enjoyed brewing in all its forms.
Just only got all the bits to do all grain beer. Stuck to extract and fruit wines and a suger wash now and again up until now.

Live down in Ramsgate in Kent. Moved here just before covid 19 was a thing. So not really been out much since I been here but I have noticed a serious lack of brewing shops and brewing community down this way. If anyone is local to me and obviously loves brewing then hit me up.

Dude. You should try living in West Texas. I just moved and I don’t think they know what home brew is! No home brew store for 5 hours. Oh well, I’m remodeling my house so not the end of the world, but I am missing my own brew.

Dude. You should try living in West Texas. I just moved and I don’t think they know what home brew is! No home brew store for 5 hours. Oh well, I’m remodeling my house so not the end of the world, but I am missing my own brew.
That's cool. Funnily enough I was listening to the "brew strong" podcast and they where talking about texas and its water for brewing. Apparently great for stouts and porters but dreadful for light beers. I'm just getting into all grain and trying to suck up all the information I can. 😅

The big problem is distilling liquor is still illegal in the US. Not like Aussies or Kiwi's or I believe South Africans who can freely distill.
Yeah technically it's illegal her in the UK too but it's a really grey area. You can own a still. You can use a still to make "bio fuel" but you can't make it for consumption. But some people treat it like its heroine or something. Its not like its completely illegal. Spirits are mass produced here. The argument they have with me is usually that you need a licence otherwise its illegal but less than 1 generation ago being gay was illegal so was alcohol of any kind in America 1 1/2 generations ago.... Thank god some people had the common sense to actually think. It just seems very odd to me that some people get so aggressive and defensive over something so little as boiling off some booze.
Anyway... UK is a strange place to live these days anyway

Freedom of Information ✌️ big hippe really. Well maybe not 😅

"we'll make sure that never happens"

That sounds a lot like when InBev buys out homebrew supply shops. 🤔

i gave that an angry, because it's the truth and why i learned to malt my own.....and now that the price of malt went up from $1 a pound to basicly $2....i'm glad i did...is it because inbev bought miller coors too? or NB? i'm not sure but i saw it coming and planed ahead!

i gave that an angry, because it's the truth and why i learned to malt my own.....and now that the price of malt went up from $1 a pound to basicly $2....i'm glad i did...is it because inbev bought miller coors too? or NB? i'm not sure but i saw it coming and planed ahead!

If I remember correctly, Inbev bought out Northern Brewer and their sister company, Midwest Supplies.

If I remember correctly, Inbev bought out Northern Brewer and their sister company, Midwest Supplies.

this is getting off topic to a welcome...but yeah inbev bought miller/coors in oct 2015, i got sccared and learned to malt my own...then their X division bought NB like feb or so of 2016, and i just breathed a breath of relief.. of course that's still when i was using the food dehydrater, and 8lbs malt for a 10 gallon batch. it was preperation H, but it felt good on the whole? lol

this is getting off topic to a welcome...but yeah inbev bought miller/coors in oct 2015, i got sccared and learned to malt my own...then their X division bought NB like feb or so of 2016, and i just breathed a breath of relief.. of course that's still when i was using the food dehydrater, and 8lbs malt for a 10 gallon batch. it was preperation H, but it felt good on the whole? lol

Glad my LHBS is still family owned and operated. :mug:

AB sold NB and Midwest a while ago...

Latest posts

Back