Finally finished fermentation chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oceanic_brew

Reaction score
View attachment 396664

Each bay is fed from right to left via forced air from the freezer side of the kegerator.

I used three STC 1000's each wired to a heat plate underneath fermentor and a computer fan installed in the 2" foam wall between each bay. The computer fan is installed close to the floor but at the very top of each wall I have one of those 6" white plastic dryer vent things venting the opposite way of the cooled air. I'm hoping this will blow hot air back into the colder bay to the right when the stc-1000 is on cooling cycle... eventually this will warm the colder bay and tell that bays stc to pull more cold air from the freezer... seems to work.

Bay 1 (65-80f) will be used for Belgians and saisons since it's the furthest from the fridge and will require the least cooling.

Bay 2 (55-70f) will be for regular ale temps

Bay 3 (45-55) will be for lagers since it had a direct in from the freezer

I've been using bay 3 for all ranges of beer but only hooked up bay 1 and 2 yesterday.

So far everything's working.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1492266488.379445.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1492266506.263678.jpg

So I was considering something similar, how is is your ferm chamber holding more than a year later? Anything you would change or do differently?

Back