Plastic eBay Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balrog429

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I saw a thread here about some plastic fermenters awhile ago but can't find it now. I have a 30L Speidel that I love. These things are very easy to clean and the spigot on the bottom is awesome. In the thread I was looking for there were some plastic fermenters on ebay with red screw on tops. I found the listing and did some research on company and how they made them. They look like they are very high quality and are made with a barrier enhancement that doesn't allow light in. Here is a link to the bucket and another to the company;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beer-Cooler-/190821646339?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6ddb4003#shId

http://www.curtec.com/en/products/drums/wide-neck-drums/detail/wide-neck-drum-55-litres

I plan on getting one and drilling a hole for a grommet to be able to attach the airlock. I'd stick with the Speidel but it is too tall for my fermentation chamber. This bucket is only 20" tall.

If anyone else has rigged one of these up or used them I'd appreciate any feedback and/or tips or general feedback from anyyone.

Thanks!:mug:

I don't know about you but personally I would have a problem buying something from someone that is not only so fully of spelling/gramatical/wtf errors but if just look at his dimensions of 21 cm long and 11 cm at the opening gives you a volume of about a half a gallon. (granted the actual diameter is a bit bigger than the opening) Maybe he meant inches but either way personally I would pass on that because I wouldn't be able to trust the guy.

I have several of these. 2 that were bought from the seller on eBay and the rest from someone else. They have worked fine for me as fermenters and I know a few other brewers that have used them for the same purpose with good results.

I know what you mean tflew. It was a little annoying that the dimensions were messed up and the listing had a bunch of errors in it. It did give me the idea to look into the maker of the containers though, and I was able to learn a little about them. I have a buddy that lives in Rancho Cucamunga and he said he'd go over and check it out for me. I told him him if it looked ok to bring it up with him on his next trip up here. I'm just waiting for an address from the seller.

Thanks for the feedback drez77. Hopefully it works out so I can make bigger batches.

Back