Who wants beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cody6173

Reaction score
Call me crazy but I'm a solo beer nerd. All my friends drink beer water. But I've got a couple of bombers of my HB Double Bastard and Stone 15th anniversary clone that I'd like to get a little feedback on but no one near me brews or knows anything about homebrewing. If anyone wants two free bombers PM me your info. I want to send a few out for feedback. If you'd like to send something my way in return I surely won't argue but it's not required.

We have more than a few BJCP judges on this forum, and if you want to receive good feedback and/or even some scoresheets you could try to arrange something with one of them.

I normally do regular BJCP scoresheets for people that ask me to provide feedback. Not just "this is good" or "this is not so good", but real feedback. I would suggest that maybe whoever you select to receive your offerings provide a similar feedback for you. Just a thought!

I appreciate the responses. I'm currently getting a package together for Rivenin and another member. Gonna throw a couple local brews in for good measure. I'm looking forward to see what fellow homebrewers have to say about my beer. I'm hoping to to be able to find flaws in my brewing so I can correct them. It's hard to know what you're doing right and what you're wrong when you're the only one that ever tastes your beer.

I'm probably not experienced enough to really give you feedback but I just wanted to say this is a great idea! I have a few friends that like craft beer but they aren't brewers and I don't think they'd be able to identify what the flaws actually were. I might have to try this tact to get some real feedback on my brews since I don't live anywhere near where they do competitions etc

Ryush806 said:
I'm probably not experienced enough to really give you feedback but I just wanted to say this is a great idea! I have a few friends that like craft beer but they aren't brewers and I don't think they'd be able to identify what the flaws actually were. I might have to try this tact to get some real feedback on my brews since I don't live anywhere near where they do competitions etc

I'm not that far from you. I'm about an hour and a half south of Monroe. Let me know and one day we can set up some kind of trade. It might be a little like the blind leading the blind but it'd be interesting to try someone else's homebrew for a change anyway.

I'm glad I'm a part of this... I'm going to sit down with a bottle and put together a judging on the form for you when I get one. And early next month I have a meeting with my brew club and will have them fill out the sheets and I'll get then back to you as well with samples poured. Honest feedback and how to help if needed will be there as well... hopefully we can help along!! :) and my brew club has bjcp judges as well.
I also have a few of my brews and some pnw beers to send down :)

I'm glad I'm a part of this... I'm going to sit down with a bottle and put together a judging on the form for you when I get one. And early next month I have a meeting with my brew club and will have them fill out the sheets and I'll get then back to you as well with samples poured. Honest feedback and how to help if needed will be there as well... hopefully we can help along!! :) and my brew club has bjcp judges as well.
I also have a few of my brews and some pnw beers to send down :)

Same here!!
Glad to be "the other member" lol but i have done a couple informal tastings and bottle shares aswell as havng tasting notes on over 800 beers, while not being alot they are all VERY diverse and believe i am over the hump of "picking flavors out" to where those flavors come from and how they were produced.

Glad to be able to give OP feedback aswell, i will be sending a package down to OP also!

Cheers

Package has been sent. I sent some commercial stuff from the PNW and a home brew. Hope you enjoy it!

Got two boxes packed and shipping labels printed to go out to Rivenin and Johnnyhitch first thing in the mornin. Enjoy.

Alright, i have received the package!
IMG_20130622_181101_958_zps8b13e2c6.jpg

EPIC MAN! i appreciate the extra commercial brews so much. This is why i love this hobby :mug:.
i'm going to let them sit out and finish carbing for a week or 2 and i'll get mine as well as my home brew peoples taste tests on it and get back to you.
Thanks again man! i appreciate this completely :mug:

I'm glad it got there in one piece. The double bastard "clone" is carbed and ready. The black ipa I'm not sure about. It should be carbed by not but its playing by its own rules

Back