Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez, speaking of Hoppy kids... Anybody keeping count of the helmet wearers around here these days? It's getting so you can't swing a stick without hitting a bad haircut in here.

Can you have an elite receiver with a Qb that avgs 139yds a game?

Not sure who you are talking about. As a starter he averaged 201 yards in the regular season. If you include the post season it's 11 starts at 218 yards per game.

First off Brewskie, I'd like to point out that Hoppy is agreeing with you. Think about that for just a minute...

Secondly, I was actually hopeful for Crabtree when he came into the league. And I do believe him to be a solid WR. I just don't classify him as a top 5 elite talent. Additionally, I'd be inclined to agree with Darwin and take the TE with a WR label (Boldin). Yes, Boldin has helped to elevate make other talented receivers even better (Fitzgerald) but you'll note that even without Boldin he is still a tremendous WR even in spite of his lack of QB. Crabtree, however, has never accomplished that and that's not going to change. Has he been hot? Sure. But he's simply not going to be top 5 caliber elite and frankly he may very well end up being the #3 WR on that team talent-wise before all is said or done tho I will at least give him superior marks to the somewhat over the hill Moss last year. But in Moss's prime, Crabtree was barely worthy of even holding Moss's jock, much less a comparable talent. In any event, Crabtree has to try get catches and excel with a stellar TE, a WR the size of a TE, and a modest talent in Manningham so long as he stays healthy. And let's face it... Crabtree isn't exactly known for putting the ball in the endzone so why exactly do you think there is any chance in hell of that happening?

And to be clear, I base the Tavon comment on ability seen from him in college. He's slightly less amazing than AJ Green was in college but we won't actually know what we're going to get from him in the NFL til we see him start and he could very well prove to be the next AJ performance-wise. He may not. But at best you may get 10% extra out of Crabtree this year based on prior trending and even that is not overly likely. IE, you've got a better chance from the unknown than the known quantity.

And Hoppy, are you sure you're not thinking of DirecTV Sunday Ticket? Isn't it the only one that plays like all of the games?

13 games played 1814 yds thrown iono do some math.

Not that I feel inclined to defend ANY of the morons in this thread, but in two of those "games played" he had zero pass attempts, in two other ones he has one pass attempt, and in another game he only had seven. So, five of the thirteen "games played," he had a combined total of nine pass attempts.

Yards-per-game is a pretty ****ty and meaningless metric anyway; yards-per-pass-attempt is more important (albeit still flawed, as is pretty much every football state).

Not that I feel inclined to defend ANY of the morons in this thread, but in two of those "games played" he had zero pass attempts, in two other ones he has one pass attempt, and in another game he only had seven. So, five of the thirteen "games played," he had a combined total of nine pass attempts.

Yards-per-game is a pretty ****ty and meaningless metric anyway; yards-per-pass-attempt is more important (albeit still flawed, as is pretty much every football state).

Yea I just did a game by game I messed that one up either way doesn't even put him into top 20qbs as far as yds/g. And shocking all those elite wr talents have Qbs that are.

Either way whatever stat you wanna hang your hat on does not make Crabtree elite status. His stats do not put him in that realm yet.

Fitzgerald does not have an elite talent at QB and I don't think many are foolish enough to not consider him an elite talent.

And Kaepernick averaged 216 yards passing and 38 yards rushing per game in the regular season that he attempted more than a dozen passes (You can up it by ~11-13 passing if you eliminate the first game he played which I think was in relief). 229 and 52 if you include the playoffs in that. Strangely, his best performance in the playoffs which helped to skew that number upwards came against the best defense he faced (Baltimore).

Also, I wasn't trying to stir **** over Gronk. It sucks. I like watching him play. But it's still going to require additional rehab and not everyone is right after that sort of thing.

And if you assume Crabtree ups his game by the largest jump he's ever had (near 10%), then at best you're looking at a 1200y season (1215 to be exact) and 10td... Not 1400.

And if you assume Crabtree ups his game by the largest jump he's ever had (near 10%), then at best you're looking at a 1200y season (1215 to be exact) and 10td... Not 1400.

Well those are obvious HOF numbers then.

If a healthy Crabs in 2013 doesn't have numbers in the top 10 of WRs I'll never post in this thread again.

Russell Wilson MVP? Lol. QBs in the NFC that could be MVP? Umm, Rodgers and Kaep. Though Wilson is probably next after that.

Yeah Rodgers could get MVP next year but let's not be foolish. It is all PFM's to loose. The duke has set him up good!

If a healthy Crabs in 2013 doesn't have numbers in the top 10 of WRs I'll never post in this thread again.

I've never thought of "Crabs" as healthy and that has got to be the absolute worse nickname in the history of nicknames.

Wilson will likely not ever be an MVP as he seems to be a proficient game manager than a barn burning quarterback. Nothing wrong with that mind you and it is working for them... Just no chance of him ever hoisting that award.

As for Kaep, I don't doubt he'll end up being a good quarterback when all is said and done but I foresee a bit of a sophomore (I realize it's technically his third year but really only his second starting) slump this year. At least I'm anticipating that saving me from Landscaping duty this year.

I still maintain Dallas should pick up Tebow (or SD to a lesser degree). Since Romo chokes after acquiring leads, Tebow to come in and close games with a lead in the fourth would virtually guarantee them that weak ass division win every year.

Back