Billy Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpride1911

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was up in Anacortes Washington yesterday since no one in Washington can do the speed limit. I ended up missing the ferry out by 10 minutes and was stuck in Anacortes for 4 hours waiting for the next one. I stopped in an antique store to look around and hopefully to kill time. It feels weird seeing the stuff you had as a kid in an antique store. BUT I saw this pop top can of Billy Beer and had to have it.

IMG_20130405_194523_277.jpg

IMG_20130405_194536_632.jpg

IMG_20130405_194559_132.jpg

I was up in Anacortes Washington yesterday since no one in Washington can do the speed limit. I ended up missing the ferry out by 10 minutes and was stuck in Anacortes for 4 hours waiting for the next one. I stopped in an antique store to look around and hopefully to kill time. It feels weird seeing the stuff you had as a kid in an antique store. BUT I saw this pop top can of Billy Beer and had to have it.

I drank one of those back in the day. It tasted like stale beer with orange soda in it.

Haha, I wonder if there's any unopened cans out there any where.

It's amazing how much things have changed since then. You'll never see a beer made in honor of a famous drinker today.

It always makes me wonder, who decides to keep something like that around.

I think it was American Pickers that went through the remnants of a former huge roadhouse in Texas. I can't remember the name but it was extremely famous at the time and I think Urban Cowboy was filmed there. But they had several cases of the beer that was made for that place. They ended up buying a few cases of it and some empty cans.

I was up in Anacortes Washington yesterday since no one in Washington can do the speed limit.

I lived in Washington state for over 5 years and I almost had to check myself in to anger management counseling, my road rage was getting so bad! Slowest drivers I've ever had the misfortune of being around! I feel your pain :drunk:

It turned into a damn 12 hour round trip. I was so upset. I can handle everything about this state but the absurd traffic and slow ass driving is the worst.

Haha, I wonder if there's any unopened cans out there any where.

It's amazing how much things have changed since then. You'll never see a beer made in honor of a famous drinker today.

Years ago on here someone had an unopened one and drank it. Can't remember if it held up better being canned than a bottle of beer.

You can find them on ebay......it was one of those things that people thought it would be valuable some day, so they saved them, and the market is flooded with them, and there's little or no value.

You can find them on ebay......it was one of those things that people thought it would be valuable some day, so they saved them, and the market is flooded with them, and there's little or no value.

I was reading about that last night. But hey if you can make money and someone is willing to spent for it, go for it. I just thought this would make an interesting piece to add to the collection with my autographed bottle of Deadliest Ale and such.

I might seek an unopened can just to try it. Though I read that Billy preferred PBR, which might be an indicator of the taste of this.

yep, I'm old. I remember as a kid the grownups talking about this beer. I also remember getting cuts on my feet from stepping on those pop-tops at the swimming holes

manco171 said:
yep, I'm old. I remember as a kid the grownups talking about this beer. I also remember getting cuts on my feet from stepping on those pop-tops at the swimming holes

Ha! Three stitches in my toe as a kid from one of those things in a mud puddle I ran through!!

You're old? I was old enough to buy the stuff.

And real men took their chances and stuffed the pull tab into the can. But I do recall stepping on the damned things at the beach.

You're old? I was old enough to buy the stuff.

And real men took their chances and stuffed the pull tab into the can. But I do recall stepping on the damned things at the beach.

oh yeah, thats right, I remember that too. I always thought I was going to see someone swallow one of those tabs, but never did

Back