My son made his first extract beer yesterday.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maybemutlee

Reaction score
He's watched me make a few batches now and asked if he could make one for a project at school. After getting the approval of his school and parents he and I produced a lager.
It was awesome. Here's hoping we produce many more in the future.

image-1875062699.jpg

Yeah well he does have the sceince mind and really is more interested in the proccess. Dad's the one that gets to sample it, he doesn't much like the taste of beer. His teachers get to taste it when he does his presentation and we'll have a little piece there about drinking responsibly. Actually quite proud of how mature he has been.

Gotta agree with ya there mm. We taught our sons & daughter in a like fashion. They don't like beer that much. but even my daughter is very responsible in this area. She went to cooking school & now runs her own shop out in socal,cookiemehappy.com. I'm proud of her for not following my & my late father's drinking habits. The kids turned out to be quite resposible in this regard. I'm happy for ya there...

That's awesome. Our twins were thinking about the same project. Hopefully our school district is as open minded as yours!

APendejo said:
Brew Science!!
Is his teacher going to test the finished product?

There are six teachers on the panel grading the work. They will be sampling, but I'll be taking it in. It'll have roughly five weeks in the bottle before then so it should come up well. His numbers were spot on too.

He found out today that he presents on the 17th of June. That'll be roughly six or seven weeks in the bottle. Should be about spot on.

image-2078735387.jpg

When is the all grain project for honors coming up. Lol that's awesome the school approved it

biochemedic said:
Awesome project...can he sample his wares at home? In some states here it is legal for under age people to drink at home/under direct parental supervision...

He gets to taste it. He doesn't get to drink it. Important to taste how a beer changes.

Back