Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They blew it, suicide pass, head down and gets a shoulder planted deep in his chest. He got cut when he cracked the ice, don't want anyone hurt but come on.

Yeah, that's the thing: this was a legal hit, especially when you break the play down from all angles. So how does the Players Safety Commission justify a suspension? Moreover, how does this affect hits in general from this point forward?

Agreed. you never want to see a player get hurt, but you don't want to take the checking out of the game. I don't watch the All Star game for that reason.

Suspended?!! For what? I REALLY want to hear Shanahan explain this one without sounding like an idiot.

1-1 in wild game. I hope we can win just one game against chicago. Can minnesota ever have a great team, in anything? Although.........there was this little thing called the miracle on ice. Your welcome the united states of america.

Haven't posted in quite a while...9 batches of beer in the last month including three this week. My home team (Pittsburgh) squeaked this one out after being out-hustled most of the game. Islanders playing fast, hard, aggressive. Pittsburgh D is looking *almost* as bad as last year against the Flyers. At least our power play is working well. Also glad that Malkin didn't turn over the puck a half-million times this game.

Pens need to wake up, but a win is a win.

Leafs winning in Boston is going to be huge. Toronto fans can be unusually... reserved... and after dropping the first game 4-1 (15 players who have never even been in the playoffs before... not surprising) it was like the apocalypse had come to the city. Now the team comes back with some confidence and the entire city will be electric. All we really need to do now is win our 3 home games. Still a tall order, but actually looking feasible now.

I'll give the Leafs this much: with their "performance" in game 1, they suckered the Bs into sleep-skating through game 2.

But if the regular season matchup means anything (3-1 Bs) the Leafs will be mulch in the end...

Cheers! ;)

I'll give the Leafs this much: with their "performance" in game 1, they suckered the Bs into sleep-skating through game 2.

But if the regular season matchup means anything (3-1 Bs) the Leafs will be mulch in the end...

Cheers! ;)

You should go back a few years and see how dire it really is ;)

I don't believe the Bruins were sleeping through. They played pretty well. Everybody and anybody was hitting the shìt out of Chara and that actually seemed to shut him down pretty well. We'll see tomorrow I guess!

I dont think the leafs will pull it out, but regular season record doesnt mean much come playoff time. I think the bruins in 7 just because Kessel finally scored and now the monkey is off his back

And on a different note: can you believe the Canucks/Sens game right now? It's like "Slap Shot" meets Rock'em Sock'em Robots! Cool! :ban:

Cheers!

I dont think the leafs will pull it out, but regular season record doesnt mean much come playoff time. I think the bruins in 7 just because Kessel finally scored and now the monkey is off his back

Honestly, I don't think so either. It'll be pretty cool to have the first playoff game in Toronto in 9 years on my Birthday... but man I wish tickets weren't so absurd here.

As for Kessel... I expect he'll get a big "Thank You Kessel" chant tomorrow. I suppose it could go Thank you Seguin, but Toronto fans (especially the ones that can afford tickets) aren't ******** like Boston.

And all is right in the world again.

Solid win by the Bs. Not much more to say about that...

Cheers!

Solid? lol

The only reason the B's won were Rask, the officiating, and a LOT of Toronto bungles. The Leafs got 48 shots on goal... they've been getting outshot ALL SEASON, frequently winning with only 20 shots or so. If I was a B's fan, I would be worried after that game.

Solid? lol

The only reason the B's won were Rask, the officiating, and a LOT of Toronto bungles. The Leafs got 48 shots on goal... they've been getting outshot ALL SEASON, frequently winning with only 20 shots or so. If I was a B's fan, I would be worried after that game.

Your right on one thing. The refs sucked..That Lucic hooking call was total bullsh it, among others..

Other than the last 9 minutes, the Bruins dominated that game...

Toronto deserves to lose just because of this clown

*****efromtoronto.png

Nice comeback so far by the Kings!
Your right on one thing. The refs sucked..That Lucic hooking call was total bullsh it, among others..

Other than the last 9 minutes, the Bruins dominated that game...

The Bruins dominated the 2nd period, and that's mostly because of the bungles I talked about.

As far as the officiating, the co-penalty called on Lupul was BS, the call on Kessel for Marchand coming up to him from way down the ice intentionally and starting to punch him was BS, the penalty on Kadri for boarding when the other guy decided to squat with his face at board level at the last second was BS, many of the calls ROUTINELY kicking a Leaf player out of the face off circle was BS, the missed calls including at least two trips and one or two should-be penalties committed against JVR including a big elbow to the face, and the way they handled it when Boston deliberately delayed the game after icing and cheated by sending Chara out onto the ice when he wasn't already on to begin with was BS. Those are just the big officiating mistakes I saw made.

Toronto deserves to lose just because of this clown
Whoever that is, is a total ******* and that's beyond distasteful. But if ******* fans made a team deserve to lose, Boston shouldn't even be in the playoffs.

[...]Whoever that is, is a total ******* and that's beyond distasteful. But if ******* fans made a team deserve to lose, Boston shouldn't even be in the playoffs.

Now, for the rookies out there, ^that is some pedigreed obnoxious hockey trash talk, eh?

Cheers! ;)

Is San Jose that good or does Vancouver just suck?

San Jose's good, but yes indeed, Vancouver sucks. They're just that team that you have to root against on sheer principal.

SJ looking good so far, only the next series will tell all.

Surprisingly so. They've completely embarrassed the Cannucks and made it look easy.

Hopin' the Hawks can steal one here tonight, head home and wrap this up. :mug:

My Sharks are looking good. Niemi is looking like the Niemi that swept the Sharks in the Western Conference Finals with Chicago. As a Sharks fan, I'm really rooting for Detroit because I don't want to see them play Chicago in round 2. Until then, here's hoping for a Vancouver sweep.

My Sharks are looking good. Niemi is looking like the Niemi that swept the Sharks in the Western Conference Finals with Chicago. As a Sharks fan, I'm really rooting for Detroit because I don't want to see them play Chicago in round 2. Until then, here's hoping for a Vancouver sweep.

Huh?

urbanmyth said:

Yeah, it confused me too when I re-read my post. I was just pointing out that Niemi is playing solid hockey. The second part of my post made no sense, but I was trying to say that I hope the Red Wings beat the Ducks this round so the Sharks would not have to play Chicago in round 2. The Hawks are scary good.

Back