Threaded Corny fitting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FourSeasonAngler

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I bottle all my brews and want to get into kegging, cornies mostly.

Anyway, I have a neighbor that has 2 ball lock cornies he is willing to trade me for some home brew, problem is that both of them have one fitting on each that has the threads stripped. I would also need to purchase the Q.D. fittings with poppets I realize, but for the cost of a few home brews I think it's a fair trade. That is unless the threaded fittings cannot be replaced...

Does anyone know what the thread size/fitting name is for these? Possibly something I can get from a hardware store?

For post threads, check out this page. It lists many of the popular kegs (but not all).

Is it the posts that are stripped, or the riser tubes? The former can be replaced (check out the Kegconnection page here ). Replacing the latter would be difficult to say the least, but what you might be able to do is run a die down the risers to clean up the threads and see if you can get a post with good threads to seal, even if it takes a bit of pipe tape...

Cheers!

You could start by looking at the identifying text scribed into the tank body, and then refer to the page linked earlier.

Otherwise, you'll note that all of the threaded keg risers have the same 18-pitch thread, with the difference being the diameter of the post.

9/16"-18
5/8"-18
11/16"-18
19/32"-18
3/4"-18

If you had a micrometer handy, you could likely differentiate the keg posts...

Cheers!

Hi,

I'm hoping to not have to create a new thread and hopefully revive this one.
Day Tripper had a link to keg connection, which is now dead, that supposedly will be a new post.

My problem is that no matter what plug I use none will screw down past maybe a half or one full turn. I'm thinking the post is stripped and am looking to replace it.

Is there a thread or a link or advice in general on which way to proceed?

Thanks in advance.

Back