Hi From Florida's Captial

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrRoufa

Reaction score
My first batch is fermenting right now. This is a hobby I've wanted to pursue for 10 years, and the wife finally surprised me with equipment and an extract kit. I can't wait to taste my first brew in a few weeks!

Congrats. I also line in Fl, down in Naples. Temperature isn't your friend and you will brew every cold front. The first 3 days of fermentation is key. Search swamp cooler. I also use a prewort chiller before the wort chiller since our "cold" water is in the 80's F. Enjoy the hobby.

I used to live down in new Smyrna beach. Won't catch me back there again! Good luck and welcome! What kind of beer are you makin?

We're brewing an Irish Red to start; it's my wife's favorite. I can already see I'm going to need to get a couple more carboys, because I am itching to make an IPA. I in Tallahassee; weather's not so bad up here, and I've got my fermenter in a nice dark, cool spot so hopefully this will be a goo first run.

Only other advise is dont rush your first beer. We have all been there. Let it finish fermenting, let trub settle. If you have room in frig, cold crash for 1-2 days, then bottle and give 2-4 wks then enjoy. I usually start drinking my Irish reds at 6 wks but I know that ain't going to happen with your first batch.

Back