Fermenter area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bionicbelly

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,
Just getting my basement brewery build underway. I'm in the planning/ rough work phase right now. I've got a good general idea of what I am going to do as far as plumbing, electrical, and the actual brew area.
I have found that most brewery builds focus on the brewing area. I'd really like to see some fermenter area setups if anyone has a space efficient/innovative/clean set up they would like to share, I would love to see some photos.
I currently have two spike flex fermenters, but I am going to get a couple 14 gal fermenters as well.

I forgot about this thread. I did a little deep cleaning last night and took some photos of what I ended up with for a fermentation rack and bottling area.
IMG_0147.JPG

And here is the rest of the brew area.
IMG_0149.JPG
IMG_0148.JPG

1642593040479.png

I do still have some tweaking to do, but for the most part, it works pretty great, and makes bottling pretty smooth. I kind of put the shelf I used for the fermenters together around the work table, and that has some benefits for bottling, but I think I am going to move it out a ways, so I can have a little more/more accessible storage.

What brand is that shelving unit? I struggle to find one with the weight capacity to handle more that one full fermenter

What brand is that shelving unit? I struggle to find one with the weight capacity to handle more that one full fermenter
No idea what brand. I got it at lowe's. I have the fermenters sitting on some fairly ridged cutting boards that help spread out the weight of the fermenters.

I'm sure that helps a bunch, seems to be no good and cheap way to elevate conical fermenters, legs extensions are expensive, most tables are too high for my liking, I'll have to explore at my local lowes to see if this is an option

I'm sure that helps a bunch, seems to be no good and cheap way to elevate conical fermenters, legs extensions are expensive, most tables are too high for my liking, I'll have to explore at my local lowes to see if this is an option
It does help a lot. A piece of 1/4 plywood would do the job as well.

How do you like that chiller! Nice setup 🤘🏻
LOVE it. I've had it for about six months so far. It's pretty quiet, and doesn't seem to run that often.
I wish they would just add in the heater wiring from the factory, but it's not that bad to do. I ended up using an inkbird outlet for my heating pad plug ins, since it has two outlets on two separate circuits. This way, I only have one cord coming out of the chiller, and going up to the fermenters. It's a bit cleaner.
D7B3FA2E-3D81-4F28-B914-4621D920CE21.jpeg
6CC60BEC-68FB-40F3-A917-E85B1F00B1F7.jpeg
image.jpg

Back