Promotion!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Punity

Reaction score
Boss just called me and offered me a promotion due to the other guy that was training bailed on the job. I'm essentially a shift supervisor at the Biodiesel plant to keep it simple $4/hr increase which is huge to me. Only 2 years at the company and I've already jumped two positions in a company that does not have much in the way of moving up.

Mostly this mean new shiny brewing equipment haha.

Congrats man but I have to say I'm jealous how is some ppl have. I got promoted recently as well, first I had to schedule appointment with my boss then have long conversation about the fact that I deserve promotion and raise then how much raise and why and why I can't get what I want then we agreed an then I left for vacation then she was traveling then 6 weeks later I ask her again and she is o yea right we have to do paper work, resume, new job application, hr and whole other bs at the end I got my 15% 4 months after the 1st meeting and more responsibilities and "probation" period for 6months. Damn I will have to do it all over again in 2-3 years

Polboy said:
I got promoted recently as well, first I had to schedule appointment with my boss then have long conversation about the fact that I deserve promotion and raise then how much raise and why and why I can't get what I want then we agreed an then I left for vacation then she was traveling then 6 weeks later I ask her again and she is o yea right we have to do paper work, resume, new job application, hr and whole other bs at the end I got my 15% 4 months after the 1st meeting and more responsibilities and "probation" period for 6months.
That is one hell of a sentence there chief! Nice work with that :D

Congrats man but I have to say I'm jealous how is some ppl have. I got promoted recently as well, first I had to schedule appointment with my boss then have long conversation about the fact that I deserve promotion and raise then how much raise and why and why I can't get what I want then we agreed an then I left for vacation then she was traveling then 6 weeks later I ask her again and she is o yea right we have to do paper work, resume, new job application, hr and whole other bs at the end I got my 15% 4 months after the 1st meeting and more responsibilities and "probation" period for 6months. Damn I will have to do it all over again in 2-3 years

Damn man that's rough all for a promotion haha.

Thanks for the grats everyone. And yes I think ill have another haha.

Congrats! I had a really promising interview for a new job yesterday that I hope I get (they were calling my references today so I think I'm a serious candidate. Place would be awesome.

Congrats man, unfortunately there's not much room to improve at my crappy job. What is nice is SWMBO got a promotion at her nursing home job to be the director of HR. Went to salary with what comes out to an 11 dollar an hour raise. I'm no longer the breadwinner in our house but I'm okay with that, she's the one with the college degree after all.

Congrats! I had a really promising interview for a new job yesterday that I hope I get (they were calling my references today so I think I'm a serious candidate. Place would be awesome.

Goodluck always nice to move on to better things.

Congrats man, unfortunately there's not much room to improve at my crappy job. What is nice is SWMBO got a promotion at her nursing home job to be the director of HR. Went to salary with what comes out to an 11 dollar an hour raise. I'm no longer the breadwinner in our house but I'm okay with that, she's the one with the college degree after all.

Gratz to her nothing wrong with that situation I'd be more then happy if my wife made more then me haha.

A lot. Instead of running the reactors I was maintaining I now run our distillation column and am responsible for the final product but also have to manage the other three positions of our operations side.

A lot. Instead of running the reactors I was maintaining I now run our distillation column and am responsible for the final product but also have to manage the other three positions of our operations side.

Well, hopefully it's worth it. More money definitely helps, but I personally would not accept more money if it meant I'd be stressed out and lose time with loved ones. Still though, congrats!

Well what's nice is my schedule won't change except shuffling what my start and stop day is. I work a four on four off schedule. Plus its not bad if you realize that it'll all work out and if its truly bad just shutdown. I think the last guy wasn't really great at handling the smallest amount of stress so that's why he gave it up.

Back