South Jersey/Philly Group Buy Round 37! PREORDER/INFO/COMING SOON!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone,
I am sorry for the delay I got caught up in tax seaon plus busy at the store. I am starting to think I may have miss filed my account info with Country malt, this issue will be taken care of today. I will talk to Lordura and get the sign up sheet going soon, promise!
Cheers,
Brett

Hey everyone,
I am sorry for the delay I got caught up in tax seaon plus busy at the store. I am starting to think I may have miss filed my account info with Country malt, this issue will be taken care of today. I will talk to Lordura and get the sign up sheet going soon, promise!
Cheers,
Brett
Weeeeeeeeeeee :rockin:

A quick reminder for the guys that have decided to get in on the $1 per virtual grain bag at the store. If you send a friend, wife, family member, or anyone else other than you to pick up your grains, they have to tell me that you are part of the program or want to become part. I do not offer this to everyone, just those that know about it through either BL or the bulk buys. I just recieved a phone call from someone that was not happy that their friend was charged regular price, the friend never said anything about the $1 a Lb to me and the regular customer never told me he was coming in. Also I will never deny anyone the $1 per lb grain, so if your friend tells you that he asked me about $1 per Lb grain and he says that I said no to him, it may be time to reconsider your friendship.

In other news I contacted Country malt, the account should be ready to go by Wednesday, Lordura and I will start working on the next buy.
Cheers,
Brett

brettm777 said:
In other news I contacted Country malt, the account should be ready to go by Wednesday, Lordura and I will start working on the next buy.
Cheers,
Brett

Can't wait! My grain mill should be here Thursday. Thanks again for helping all of us out, Brett. I hope this works out great for everyone.

OK, my account is now set up with Country Malt Group. I won't be able to run the sign up for grain on HBT because there is some profit involved. But I have created a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BulkGrainBuys. The prices are listed on the page. The first go at this I am sure is going to be FUBAR but bare with me.

The first order will be three pallets total and will be base malts only. I am going to take the orders as they are posted to face book. I will not be doing split bags, if you guys want to split up sacks one person must pay and then you can divide it any way you want. I do not have everones email address so please spread the word around that we are up and running, after you have placed your order of course. Feel free to call or email me with any questions. Happy brewing
Cheers,
Brett

OK, my account is now set up with Country Malt Group. I won't be able to run the sign up for grain on HBT because there is some profit involved. But I have created a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BulkGrainBuys. The prices are listed on the page. The first go at this I am sure is going to be FUBAR but bare with me.

The first order will be three pallets total and will be base malts only. I am going to take the orders as they are posted to face book. I will not be doing split bags, if you guys want to split up sacks one person must pay and then you can divide it any way you want. I do not have everones email address so please spread the word around that we are up and running, after you have placed your order of course. Feel free to call or email me with any questions. Happy brewing
Cheers,
Brett

Hey Brett,

I don't have facebook but I emailed you about putting in an order if possible.

Thanks! :mug:

Emailing me your order is fine also. Email me what you want and I will give you the price and a break down of the price.

Grain pricing for bulk buys.
Great western
Pale .74
2row .74
vienna .75
organic
2 row .88
wheat 1.15
munich .90
Canada Malting
... Superior Pils .68
superior Pale .68
2 row .67
6 row .67
wheat .67
munich .71
Gambrinus
pils .88
pale .86
Vienna .94
Briess
pils .82
2 row .77
pale .82
wheat .82
vienna .84
munich .84
Best Malz
Pils .79
wheat .79
vienna .78
Franco Belge
Pils .84
pale .84
wheat .81
Vienna .85
Protejov Malting
pils .89
munich .90
Bairds
Maris Otter .84
Pale .75
Pils .75
vienna .76
munich .78
Fawcett
Maris Otter .93
Golden Promise .94
Pearl .92
Halcyon .91
Wheat.93
Optic .92
Here is the pricing lets hope it transfers from facebook.

This includes taxes but excludes shipping and pay pal fees. Shipping is $4.50 per sack and pay pal is 2.9%. So if you got a sack of candian 2-row it would be $36.85 for the grain+ $4.50 for shipping=$41.35x1.029=$42.55 total.

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the quick answer. The effort you are putting out is definitely appreciated.

Can't thank you enough Jeff and Brett for all your help. To anyone who hasn't been to Brett's place..CHECK IT OUT!! Great brew store, great beer, great guy!!

Noob question: when can we expect grains to come in? I'm not looking for a hard date, just wondering what it's been like in years past? A month, 2 weeks, etc?

Hoplander said:
Noob question: when can we expect grains to come in? I'm not looking for a hard date, just wondering what it's been like in years past? A month, 2 weeks, etc?

Anyone? Bueller?

I think its slow to fill due to it being only base malts. I personaly only use 2-row to make it worth my trip and not cost me money versus buying at my lhbs I need more then 1 or 2 sacks of 2-row. I would need a couple splits of specialty grains with the price of gas now a days. I hope after this one they will open it up to specialty malts.

Just my opinion but it may be slow to fill as the prices are now not that much better then some lhbs offer. Also where is the pickup? If it's at BYOB this may be a bit far for some to travel

Is it worth traveling for a small savings for base malt only,

Yeah I hear ya but it still beats out lhbs stores in bucks and Montgomery counties where they'll get you for $65+ per sack. I just paid $92 for 2 sacks. Lucky for me I use company car for personal use so I don't pay travel expenses. Aside from that I feel this is the best its gonna get....which has to count for something. For me, I'll still buy base grains here vs lhbs store.

Whether it is worth it is up to the individual. Save a few dollars to go somewhere that may be less convenient, but you get the chance to meet other homebrewers at the pick up spot, plus I believe he is offering a deal on other grains for $1 a pound, or go to your local store if you have one, pay a little more and save some time. Personally I'd rather give my money to someone who is working to help us out and deal with a little inconvenience.

OK so here is the list of orders so far. If your are not on this list I have not recieved your order. I am placing the order soon, if you want in on it you have until tomorrow night to get your order in. I am not going to list what you ordered just the total amount of sacks next to your name.

Jr. Mcall-1
Jim Fish-1
Evan Fritz-1
Dave Drass-3
Lordura-1
Matt King-4
John Price- 3
Aurlie Baylor-4
Joe tool-1
Ryan Lisinger-4
Peter Ellis-2
Chris Bushnell-3
Roger Sorino-3
Jared Judy-4
David Zach-2
Mike Annas-1
Dave Sanslo-3
Greg G-1
Addam-5
Luke Botner-1
Dan Tucci-2
Jeffery Keith-2
Jimmy Mc-10
Mike Wilser-4
BYOB-10-15
If you are not on this list you are not in this order. Let me know that your info is correct.
Cheers,
Brett

I would much rather support someone that is trying to help us out......

I'm in no way knocking anyone who doesn't like the way things are being done, I'm just saying, remember it's a choice, that's all

I think its slow to fill due to it being only base malts. I personaly only use 2-row to make it worth my trip and not cost me money versus buying at my lhbs I need more then 1 or 2 sacks of 2-row. I would need a couple splits of specialty grains with the price of gas now a days. I hope after this one they will open it up to specialty malts.

Great Idea!
I'll take 1# of Carafa III and all we need are 54 other people who want the same split

I'm in no way knocking anyone who doesn't like the way things are being done, I'm just saying, remember it's a choice, that's all

Not sure how you took my comment, but I was agreeing with you. My comment was directed at Giraffeman whose post sounds very conspicuously like something another LHBS who is NOT helping us out would post......

I'm very much in favor of a little inconvenience for a LHBS that is working with us.

I was posting in regards to Giraffeman, I did not want him to get the impression I thought what he said was wrong or bad, it was just different than my outlook on this. I understood you were ageing with me and I'm glad others see it the way I do, I just wanted to be clear I, in no way, held it against anyone who sees it differently.
Not sure how you took my comment, but I was agreeing with you. My comment was directed at Giraffeman whose post sounds very conspicuously like something another LHBS who is NOT helping us out would post......

I'm very much in favor of a little inconvenience for a LHBS that is working with us.

I was posting in regards to Giraffeman, I did not want him to get the impression I thought what he said was wrong or bad, it was just different than my outlook on this. I understood you were ageing with me and I'm glad others see it the way I do, I just wanted to be clear I, in no way, held it against anyone who sees it differently.

Glad we agree! Everyone is entitled to their opinion.....

Zacher

Any word on when the order will be placed?

Also, Brett, I ordered 2 bags of 2-Row but you have me down for 4 total bags on your list...

Back