Craft brew fest boston !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was supposed to go with my future BIL, who lives in Bean Town but then something came up...the wedding!:tank:

Volunteering both Saturday sessions. Looking forward to it!

The port-o-potties outside usually don't have a wait. Also volunteers skip bathroom lines :D

Volunteers cut the line so they can get back to work pouring you beers.

And lugging ice, emptying slop buckets, carrying heavy 5 gallon water coolers all the way across the room every 5 minutes, standing outside in the rain applying wrist bands, etc.

But since we aren't pounding beers like everyone else there, we aren't peeing every 30 minutes, and we certainly aren't holding up the lines. And like I said, the port-o-potties never have lines. That's where I always go, usually it's nice to get some air for a minute anyway.

and cut to the front? i guess thats why there is such a problem

Yeah, the 100 volunteers are clearly the problem, not the 5000 festival attendees, the 300-500 brewery reps, 50+ support staff, vendors, organizers, etc. It's a big festival, there are gonna be lines. Don't blame the volunteers that are dedicating anywhere from 5-20 hours of their time to help keep the event going for everyone else.

Yeah, the 100 volunteers are clearly the problem, not the 5000 festival attendees, the 300-500 brewery reps, 50+ support staff, vendors, organizers, etc. It's a big festival, there are gonna be lines. Don't blame the volunteers that are dedicating anywhere from 5-20 hours of their time to help keep the event going for everyone else.

No i totally agree with that when volunteers are working, i misunderstood and took it as volunteers going to front when they are not working. but it's true either way the 5k people far outweigh the workers.

Will be at there Sat. afternoon. Last year the Saturday day session bathroom lines were not bad at all...the key is to go to the port-a-johns outside at the right side of room rather than the small bathroom towards the back.

I created a spreadsheet by brewery of all the brewers and their beers they are bringing and their Beer Advocate ratings (users/and site owners). I can't attach an Excel file, but if anyone wants a copy, send me a PM with your email address.

Back