Thanks to all that helped me achieve this...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basilchef

Reaction score
My very first homebrew draft! The citricot ipa. 7% IPA brewed with citra hops and apricot. Big citrus flavor with delicate, yet apparent apricot undertones. (Think more apricot then dfh aprihop but less then magic hat #9). Again so happy this came out so well. I owe it all to hbt!

ForumRunner_20130509_164301.png

Looks and sounds delicious!

Now throw some gelatin in that keg and you can have beer that looks like this:

image-1309427647.jpg

That's our Virgo Pale Ale that I'm drinking right now, after chilling it to 38ish before racking to the keg and adding gelatin. Works like a charm!

Cheers!

Looks and sounds delicious!

Now throw some gelatin in that keg and you can have beer that looks like this:

That's our Virgo Pale Ale that I'm drinking right now, after chilling it to 38ish before racking to the keg and adding gelatin. Works like a charm!

Cheers!

I have some. I have to read up on its process more before i attempt. It was also the very first pour of a naturally carbed keg. I was just so excited it came out so well, i had to take a pic.

Congratulations! From your description it sounds delicious. Definitely something I'd like to have around for the summer.

Congrats. I actually think it looks great cloudy. it actually looks like the skin of an apricot.

Ain't nothing better than realizing the beer you make at home can be so good!

First beer I've ever seen that you can hold sideways and stays in the glass. That's definitely a keeper :)

Could be the pectin. It seems to be getting better as i chug away. This one took close to 2 months start to finish but will be gone in a week.

My very first homebrew draft! The citricot ipa. 7% IPA brewed with citra hops and apricot. Big citrus flavor with delicate, yet apparent apricot undertones. (Think more apricot then dfh aprihop but less then magic hat #9). Again so happy this came out so well. I owe it all to hbt!

View attachment 121068

Great! I'd say "you're welcome" but I don't think I was much help. It looks great, and I bet it's clearing while we speak.

Plus, your beer defies the laws of physics and gravity. That right there is worth the price of admission. :p

Great! I'd say "you're welcome" but I don't think I was much help. It looks great, and I bet it's clearing while we speak.

Plus, your beer defies the laws of physics and gravity. That right there is worth the price of admission. :p

Lol ill tell ya how i did it, but i don't think you"ll believe me.

I used 3lbs of puree in 5 gallons and thought it was too much...

Back