Recommendations for commercially produced kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottG58

Reaction score
I am thinking about jumping into kegging. Red Green said "if the women don't find you handsome, they should find you handy." I am neither. Has anyone had good experience with a commercially produced dual tap kegerator?

Yes it's what I use now. Basically you cut or otherwise remove the lines from the Sankey tap and add the ball-lock fittings. Pretty simple. Did you have a specific question or did you just need to know you weren't the only one to cut up something that worked fine before you started? :)

I was wanting to know if anyone had either good or bad experiences with specific brands/models.

Sounds like your experience was a good one.

Yes it's what I use now. Basically you cut or otherwise remove the lines from the Sankey tap and add the ball-lock fittings. Pretty simple. Did you have a specific question or did you just need to know you weren't the only one to cut up something that worked fine before you started? :)

Really? I think it's obvious what he was asking.

The absolute worst results I've had has been from trying to save money and get a fridge or freezer off Craigslist. The commercial one has been a Godsend. This is the one I have now, and it holds two corny kegs. I'm going to replace the tower with one of these soon but right now I just have a picnic tapper inside for the second one.

You might also consider buying or making a tower cooler - the beer up in the tower warms up when you are not pulling constantly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the responses. I can foresee the wife's reaction if I wanted to put something I built in the family room. It would look rough.

Thanks for the responses. I can foresee the wife's reaction if I wanted to put something I built in the family room. It would look rough.
Sometimes ... but some folks here have made keezers from new chest freezers that have ended up as works of art. I guess it all depends on your personal threshold for pain, your skills, and your desire to just have a beer rather than working on yet another project.

I'll make one eventually, but for now having two on tap is enough.

Back