What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
61c41bfba769eaca08a1db85d74451ba_640x640.jpg

6612c43f0729fb2615d41bb693e0d1ec_640x640.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
One of the few that has lived up to the hype! Thank goodness for HBT craft brew MAW (and sfrisby)! :mug:

I hope to be having some of that on tap next Saturday!
I can't wait!

mcbaumannerb said:
One of the few that has lived up to the hype! Thank goodness for HBT craft brew MAW (and sfrisby)! :mug:

That beer is incredible. I stumbled across a 4 pk today. I guess it pays to spend your beer money at a couple bottle stores. They know me and knew I was looking for it so they hooked me up.

Just pulled another sample from Black Bretty stout. Grav has gone up 14 points with the last fruit addition. It was at 1.000, now 1.014. I'm going to try and catch it at 1.008-1.006 and bottle still, maybe with cuvee dry yeast to speed the carb up. Should be two 5 gallon batches of fancy beer bottled in the next week or two, which should make May and June pretty nice!

KBS is the magical unicorn of stouts for me. I want it so bad and everyone is either not able to carry it or they never have it. Either way I'm completely jealous.

power was out all day at home, power went off about 6 hours ago at work. got sent home since welders & grinders don't run on magic & wishes. power just came on at the house so I'm having a Maredsous Tripel to celebrate the thermostat actually doing something when I turn it to 75F.

WesleyS said:
Looks good! Does the garage need to be cleaned anyways? Just brew outside like a barbarian. :)

I'm in Florida, kinda like Texas but with 156% humidity. The high tomorrow is 82, add the humidity, it will be 137 degrees. I boil water really quick, but my boil off rate is minuscule. Maybe cleaning the garage is just a bad excuse to pull pints off the fridge? Maybe I've had too many garage pulls already?

*edit- I always brew in the opening of the garage door because it rains constantly here.

mcbaumannerb said:
I hope you do too. This is a beer everyone should get to enjoy at least once!

A couple places here have already tapped their kegs but I couldn't make it. One place is saving their's till next Saturday. I plan on being one of the first people in. This is the first month of Founders' distribution down here so I'm sure everyone is going crazy for it.

More coffee brown and hop bursted IPA. At least I shook the sand out of the beach towels from last weekend. Making progress!

allenH said:
I'm in Florida, kinda like Texas but with 156% humidity. The high tomorrow is 82, add the humidity, it will be 137 degrees. I boil water really quick, but my boil off rate is minuscule. Maybe cleaning the garage is just a bad excuse to pull pints off the fridge? Maybe I've had too many garage pulls already?

Oh, Houston has its fair share of humidity. I do all I can inside as well.

A couple places here have already tapped their kegs but I couldn't make it. One place is saving their's till next Saturday. I plan on being one of the first people in. This is the first month of Founders' distribution down here so I'm sure everyone is going crazy for it.

Everyone goes crazy for it hear so I bet the hype in Texas is crazy nuts.

Thunder_Chicken said:
A little Founders Centennial IPA (actually a bit more than a little) while leak testing my newly assembled bottling bucket with dip tube. Dimensions were perfect. The dip tube is almost touching the bottom of the bucket when nothing is in it, but when it is full the bottom pushes down under the load and there is a nice 1/4" gap for the flow. I can drain out all but 2 oz. *without* tilting the bucket!:ban:

Can't wait until next bottling day! I've got a big batch of cider going. Actually, damn, I need more bottles! I believe they call this situation "a problem of the rich".

Just bought a 6 of the Founders Centennial but haven't opened one yet. How is it? Compeer able to 2 Hearted (I picked up a 6 of that today too...you know, to do a scientific comparison of the Centennial taste).

image-1563284576.jpg

Moose Drool courtesy of LoloMT7. Awesome little brown, this and CC Maduro have really turned me on to brown ales. I just tapped a coffee brown last week and I'm brewing modified version tomorrow.

Finally got home from the hospital last night. Not supposed to drink with the meds they gave me, but having a 1/2 glass of my Simcoe/Amarillo IPA to celebrate being home. Damn this is good!! I have missed beer...

dirtybasementbrew said:
Being deviant, huge Oscar blues fan

Ten Fidy, Gubna, G'Knight and Old Chub are awesome! That is a great brewery. Old Chub gives me crazy gas though.

Just bought (5 minutes ago) a six pack of RJ Rocker's "Bell Ringer Ale"!

Light in color and med to higher hop profile tells me it's either a pale or IPA. Pretty good!

Anyone know it?

allenH said:
Ten Fidy, Gubna, G'Knight and Old Chub are awesome! That is a great brewery. Old Chub gives me crazy gas though.

Scotch ale gets to me too, plus I can't just stop at 1-2? Drink till I'm sideways

Stone ruination. First time having it and its pretty damn good, but I like the hop flavor from their IPA better.

On another note, what do you guys pay in shipping when you do trades? Hoping to trade with a buddy sometime soon and I need to budget for it.

dirtybasementbrew said:
Scotch ale gets to me too, plus I can't just stop at 1-2? Drink till I'm sideways

Seriously? What is it about scotch ales? It reminds me of the morning after drinking a bunch of my Mr Beer batches. Tuba time.

catdaddy66 said:
Just bought (5 minutes ago) a six pack of RJ Rocker's "Bell Ringer Ale"!

Light in color and med to higher hop profile tells me it's either a pale or IPA. Pretty good!

Anyone know it?

They call it an American strong ale. I drink quite a bit of that. Slight trace of piney woods IMO. As a matter of fact my last post drinking that my father in law fell off my porch trying to walk home, hehehe. He tries to drink with me and he's a coots light man!!!!

allenH said:
Seriously? What is it about scotch ales? It reminds me of the morning after drinking a bunch of my Mr Beer batches. Tuba time.

You know it! SWMBO is especially wary of the old Dutch oven!!!! Lmao

On another note, what do you guys pay in shipping when you do trades? Hoping to trade with a buddy sometime soon and I need to budget for it.

It can vary quite a bit. Few beers not so far - $10, lots of beers, other side of country $50.

Celebrating, the ex finally paid me, lol.
Gubna, now moat mountain imperial stout, 2011. Mmmm, that's a good stout :)

Latest posts

Back