Using keezer to control fermentation / casked beer chamber?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malweth

Reaction score
Are there any problems with putting in a duct from your keezer (set at ~1°F) into a fermentation and/or casked ale chamber? My thought is to set up the keezer with a duct to an insulated secondary chamber. The duct would be controlled w/ PC Fan and temp controller. The 2nd chamber would be kept around 50°F for serving and lager fermentation.

I'm mainly concerned with the fact that you're moving air, not heat per se... which will leave the keezer at an elevated temperature.

Is there a better way to do this (without spending a fortune on, say, a glycol system)?

I am thinking about doing this exact same thing.

I am thinking about putting the keezer below the fermentation chamber and have the keezer pull out from below. Here is an example by -TH- who has made a pull out keezer.

I will have the taps off to the side of the fermentation chamber, basically in the side wall of the fermentation chamber.

Sorry I dont have any actual experience in this build yet, but I will be moving forward with it in the fall. Unless someone here can tell me why this is a terrible idea.

Back