is watermelon wheat a women's drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njale

Reaction score
is a watermelon wheat a women's drink? what about a strawberry wheat? is watermelon more manly than strawberrys?

Yooper said:
Yes. Everybody knows that women should only drink fruity wheat beers. Strawberries are girly too.

And women can't brew beer, either.

And they can't be administrators.............oh, wait. ;)
As for the question in the OP:
I don't view any drink as gender specific. Some people do, but I say if it tastes good and you like it, who cares what it is or what other people think.
In fact I just drank one of these earlier.

image-3357638464.jpg
And if it was a strawberry wheat and tasted just as good, I would've drank it too. If that makes me girly, so be it.

WesleyS said:
And they can't be administrators.............oh, wait. ;)
As for the question in the OP:
I don't view any drink as gender specific. Some people do, but I say if it tastes good and you like it, who cares what it is or what other people think.
In fact I just drank one of these earlier.

And if it was a strawberry wheat and tasted just as good, I would've drank it too. If that makes me girly, so be it.

I love "girly" drinks, and I am not a fan of 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon. So I don't know ...

Aren't the early brewers pretty much mostly women? I'm not a huge fan of fruity beers but I'm drinking derailed, a cherry ale right now and I gotta say its pretty darned good!

is a watermelon wheat a women's drink? what about a strawberry wheat? is watermelon more manly than strawberrys?

Well, I haven't found any penises in my watermellon wheats yet...

What is a woman's drink? If you like it, drink it proudly. If you prefer sweet, fruity, light beers, then brew them and drink them. If you prefer sour, bitter, heavy beers, drink those.

When I isolate the women drinks from the men drinks can I start breeding my beers and not have to deal with the messy bits of brewing?

I think we really need a definitive ruling on manly and feminine drinks. I'm going to start below. You are all very welcome.

Kalua- girly. It goes in a mudslide and I kissed a woman once in college who had been drinking one of those at a TGIFridays.

Long Island Ice Tea- girly. I once had to carry-drag my friend Jenn home in college when she drank two of these.

Scotch- manly. my wife makes an awful face when she drinks a sip of scotch.

Mic Ultra- manly. my friend matt drinks them because he's watching his weight.

Mai Thai- manly. I'm told they really do originate in Thailand and guys in the Thai military are frigging terrifying.

Bloody Mary- manly. I like them. shut up.

Guinness- girly. I saw a girl named Donna in Ireland drinking them and she was really hot.

Beers with pineapple, watermelon, or cactus pear- manly (details to follow)

Beers with peaches, cherries, or apricots- girly. basically any fruit that doesnt hurt much when inserted in one's anus makes for a girly beer. Not that I know for a fact. A friend of mine tested the theory. shut up.

Mead- girly. Its made with honey and your mom called you honey growing up.

Wine- manly. The romans drank wine and they were frigging terrifying

Vodka- neutral. The ultimate neutral, genderless spirit.

Hopefully I havent missed anything.

I really enjoy fruity wheat beers. I'm 6'7", 250 and definitely a man. Also I know tiny women who love DIPAs and barleywines.

I think we really need a definitive ruling on manly and feminine drinks. I'm going to start below. You are all very welcome.

Kalua- girly. It goes in a mudslide and I kissed a woman once in college who had been drinking one of those at a TGIFridays.

Long Island Ice Tea- girly. I once had to carry-drag my friend Jenn home in college when she drank two of these.

Mai Thai- manly. I'm told they really do originate in Thailand and guys in the Thai military are frigging terrifying.

Guinness- girly. I saw a girl named Donna in Ireland drinking them and she was really hot.

Beers with peaches, cherries, or apricots- girly. basically any fruit that doesnt hurt much when inserted in one's anus makes for a girly beer. Not that I know for a fact. A friend of mine tested the theory. shut up.

Well, ****.

by this scale, I'm a manly wine drinking, scotch loving, Sunday brunch Bloody Mary drinking guy.

I also like martinis, very dry, dirty. I probably will start growing a beard.

uhh, i'm going to go ahead and request a review of that, m'kay? your friend matt may or may not be a good gauge of manliness... you can tell him i said as much, when you join him for a salad tomorrow.

i wouldn't be too quick to assign genders in thailand... :D

my opinion is dont let others tell you what is manly or not. yooper apparently would be considered a man if this were true. I have a friend who races flat track (for those who dont already know this badazz sport, you race a motorcycle around a 1/4 to one mile round dirt track around 80 or 90 and slides sideways through the corners, FYI travis pastrana WILL not flat track because it is terrifying) and he brought over a case of apple crisp shock top. It was very good and tasted just like apple cider, had high abv of 5.6%, and i would never consider this person to be "girly". I enjoyed of few of these beers and would also not consider myself girlie. what you drink does not make you manly or girlie, how you handle your drinks should determine this.

What are we in the 1930s? REAL Men only drink DIPA's, it's a given!

Womens drink, proof is every time I see it on tap a women says oh man u gotta try that watermelon beer its so good

I say this:

Fruit = Good
Beer = Good
Fruit + Beer = Gooder

I do dislike super sweet fruit beers though. Has to have a nice balance.

my opinion is dont let others tell you what is manly or not. yooper apparently would be considered a man if this were true. what you drink does not make you manly or girlie, how you handle your drinks should determine this.
To muddy the waters further:
I have been known to wear one of my many 'manskirts' (my kilts) while wearing my 'purse' (a.k.a a sporran) while wearing 'fancy dress shoes' (ghillie brogues) ; drinking 21 year (or older) single malt whisky; eating haggis and occasionally chasing it all down with a sickeningly sweet soda (Irn Bru)...

Manly? Womanly? Or just plain freakin' weird?

Drink what you like. Like what you drink. Be yourself. Screw what others think.

I say this:

Fruit = Good
Beer = Good
Fruit + Beer = Gooder

I do dislike super sweet fruit beers though. Has to have a nice balance.

Oh, no! That's just so wrong.

It's this:

Fruit= good
beer= good
Fruit + beer= ick.

It's like spaghetti and sherbert. Both yummy. But not in the same dish! Fruit and beer is the same way. Beer is just too good to ruin with "flavors".

How about don't be sexist. What do think about that? My wife drinks Jim Beam like it's her job. Is Bourbon a "women's drink"? Come on, get with the times.

That said, fruit and beer don't go together. German Purity law is what should be abided. Water, barley, hops, yeast. That's what goes in beer. Now, I'm off for another beer.

The Germans also tried to hostily take over the world. This is America, we put fruit in our beer! Deal with it.

Hey, I thought Mead was made with Okra. Right Jim?...Right??

KayaBrew said:
That said, fruit and beer don't go together. German Purity law is what should be abided. Water, barley, hops, yeast. That's what goes in beer. Now, I'm off for another beer.

That's dumb!
If all breweries did that I would've missed out on some awesome beer because it would've never been brewed.
None of my favorite styles of beer originated in Germany. Not saying they don't make good beer, I do like German beer and beer styles, but they're just not my absolute favorites that I regularly drink. I wouldn't consider them and their silly "purity" as a standard for everybody to brew by.

as long as it's not syrupy sweet, fruit beers can be pretty refreshing. a local brewpub, here, makes a watermelon lager in the summer and it is very good. the watermelon is very subtle.

Normally I like a double IPA with enough hops to slap me around, but this wasn't always the case. fruit and/or wheat beers are a good springboard for people new to craft beer and make good lawnmower beers.

My cousin likes fruit wheat beers and he's 6'0 250 lbs of hammer-swinging, gun slinging, pickup truck driving, carpenter, with a hulk hogan mustache. I don't think his manliness could ever be called into question.

I will say this much, I would rather drink a watermelon wheat from 21st amendment than a Bud Light, even if the bud light had John Wayne and Chuck Norris on the label.

conversely, my wife was once a fan of fruit wheat beer but has recently come to the realization that hops are delicious, and is now a fan of IPAs, as well.

I hope my little beverage map pointed out how arbitrary such things as "manly" and "girly" are in reference to cocktail choice. I WILL however agree that it would be a little odd to see Subsailor drinking anything that has an umbrella in it...

So if I were to claim that inserting a peach in my anus *does* hurt... much ... would that make me appear manly or girly?

Peaches and apricots? Damn dude. Those are just plain scary in that context. Like "Ow, quit it" kind of scary, not clown-scary. You must mean sliced, not whole, right?

boydsbitchinbrews said:
Peaches and apricots? Damn dude. Those are just plain scary in that context. Like "Ow, quit it" kind of scary, not clown-scary. You must mean sliced, not whole, right?

He must've tried it out one night after drinking way too much okra mead.

I don't think "ow, quit it" would quite be my response.

Nor do I imagine I'd lie there calmly allowing anyone to insert them slice by slice.

But then I guess I'm just not that manly. And if it keeps peaches from being inserted in my anus I'm *happy* to be girly.

I don't think "ow, quit it" would quite be my response.

Nor do I imagine I'd lie there calmly allowing anyone to insert them slice by slice.

But then I guess I'm just not that manly. And if it keeps peaches from being inserted in my anus I'm *happy* to be girly.

I was simply trying to understand the drink map a little better. You raise a good point though. Maybe I don't want to understand the drink map and just enjoy my beer. At the very least, I don't want to have anything to do with the judging process for categorizing new fruits.

FACT:America is trying to hostily take over the world. Deal with that.

C'mon. Seriously. Let's keep this tasteful. Have we no sense of decency? Can we please get back to the topic at hand?

Oh wait... that was fruits and... you know what? I think watermelon wheat is perfectly fine for Yooper to drink while Bob is making the real beer. There. I said it. :tank:

Latest posts

Back