23 gallon batch. 1 liter wyeast pack questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pizzaparty

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I brew 23 gallon batches and just bought the 1 liter yeast pack from wyeast directly. They say that the liter container has 1.2 billion cells per ml. How much should I pitch? This particular beer has a gravity of 1.050.

Also, if I want to save some money by making 2 yeast starters out of the 1 liter packs, how big should the starters be and how much should I pitch?

Ive tried using a few yeast calcs but my head is spinning and was hoping somebody could help me out.

Thank you

I am somewhat surprised that someone experienced in brewing 23 gallon batches has no knowledge of yeast pitching rates.

el_caro said:
I am somewhat surprised that someone experienced in brewing 23 gallon batches has no knowledge of yeast pitching rates.

Thats so good to know. Thanks. My experience on this forum is off to a great start!

I'm no expert, but from the info you gave, and brewers friend yeast calc page, you need the entire liter for 23 gallons.

image-2007246833.jpg

If you want to split it in 2, you would need to grow it back to a liter again...

Latest posts

Back