Howdy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HB_Aggie

Reaction score
Howdy! I've been reading the forums for several weeks now but just made an account. I'm pretty new to brewing and am looking to get some basic equipment soon. My wife bought me the Mr Beer kit a few years ago. I tried the American Pale Ale that came with it and it ended up tasting like water with a generic beer aftertaste. It's been a few years and I figured I would try again with the weizenbier kit. I added lemon zest and coriander. It has the lemon taste but still not too good overall. Thus, here I am!

Try a kit from your local brew store. If you don't have one, try www.northernbrewer.com. They have some good kits.

My advice would be to avoid the adjuncts for now and stick to hops and malts.

Good luck and Cheers

Thanks! I've been looking at Northern Brewer, especially after reading about the military discount haha I know there's a few LHBS here in San Diego. I've been to one of them just to take a look around and see when they're doing demo.

Welcome and Hook Em'! Haha, I just started out as well. Keep us all updated on your progression and welcome to the addiction!!

I'm not currently brewing anything. I made a batch of weizenbier in February with Mr Beer but I want to move away from that haha
Will do, hoop. Thanks and Gig 'em! Haha

Howdy! What year are you Ag? I'm guessing you were in the corps? What outfit?

I'm the proudest member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie class of 2007! My first semester was with company B-1, but after a knee injury I left the corps. Really wish I ignored my parents and had stuck with it, even though it was a short time, the lessons I learned and memories I made will last a lifetime.

Also, welcome to homebrewing! It can seem daunting at first, but it's definitely a hobby that improves with experience.

Howdy! I'm the proudest member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie class of 2011! I was in C-2 for all 4 years and then enjoyed a victory lap as a non-reg. I almost left during my first semester but luckily I was out of state and couldn't haha I'm still looking at starter kits. I'm looking and comparing from different sites. Hopefully I can get started soon.

Awesome, man. Well its always good to meet another ag. If you need any help or have any questions, just shoot me a PM. I'm still pretty new myself, but if I don't know the answer, I'll be glad to help you find it. Good luck, and Gig'em!

Back