Breumeister Speidel malt filtration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galc

Reaction score
On you tube I have seen video of brewing system Breumeister Speidel. At 14:50 you can see how malt is filtrated.

Could someone please explain me how this filtration works - I am very interested on this system.
I understand that water/malt is circulating when heating (flow in the center is going up and down on the side), but would water/malt surface in the inner cylinder lift to the top and why is that so?
I am little bit skeptic about this system.

Galc, the inner grain tube has a seal on the bottom, it's placed in the kettle, then a false bottom and screen placed next. Then, it's filled with grain, up to 13/14 lbs and then another false bottom and screen placed on top of the grain. There's also a device that clamps the malt pipe down to the bottom of the kettle. The pump "pushes" liquid up through the center malt pipe causing it to overflow over the sides. The input of the pump is outside the malt pipe and this overflowing wort gets recirculated this way by using the bottom mounted pump. Very nice system and highly efficient.

Jim

Latest posts

Back