What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crown reserve on the rocks splash of water while watchin some LSU baseball trying to kick the sinus infection once and for all maybe the good ol' crown will do the trick geaux tigers

image-3212997204.jpg

Ridire said:
I'll give my thoughts in a few hours. I love dark ales and have been told this is the best. I nearly went with my old standby, Edmund Fitz, but decided to broaden my horizons.

It's very good. I have one left right now. I might have to open it tonight.
Edmund Fitzgerald is great too. I bought one when I was in Chicago last year. I wish I would've bought more.

NIZZLE said:
I hope so I put your two away out of site out if mind. I'm drinking a fresh growler fill a damn is it goooooood :D

Just send me a growler of it along with the cans. ;)

JesperX said:
Yea, next time I'll grab the Hopadillo.

I love Hopadillo. They just released a new one called El Hopadillo Negro. It's a black IPA. I haven't picked one up yet, but I'm sure it's great.

WesleyS said:
It's very good. I have one left right now. I might have to open it tonight.
Edmund Fitzgerald is great too. I bought one when I was in Chicago last year. I wish I would've bought more.

Edmund is in every corner store here lately (Michigan) and that's not a bad thing...except for my wallet.

Ok, here goes.

Smells amazing.

I'm liking this. A bit different than anything I've ever had.

Now I have a dilemma. I bought 4 and I suspect the wife might like this. Do I offer her one to taste...?

image-2678074637.jpg

Ok, here goes.

Smells amazing.

Now I have a dilemma. I bought 4 and I suspect the wife might like this. Do I offer her one to taste...?

One of my favorite founders beer and yes let the wife try it :)

NIZZLE said:
One of my favorite founders beer and yes let the wife try it :)

She thinks of dark beers as being very bitter (Guinness). She's coming around thanks to a visit to Dragonmead a week or two ago (great porter) and then my homebrew porter finally coming into its own. I think this would totally convert her...but there are only 4...

Ok, here goes.

Smells amazing.

That is an awesome beer. Let the wife try it - once she likes it she'll tell you to buy more! A real win-win! :mug:

She thinks of dark beers as being very bitter (Guinness). She's coming around thanks to a visit to Dragonmead a week or two ago (great porter) and then my homebrew porter finally coming into its own. I think this would totally convert her...but there are only 4...

So I'm assuming you live here in Michigan also? You can always get more
:p and how did you like dragonmead?

Ridire said:
Ok, here goes.

Smells amazing.

Ahh, it's times like these when I really appreciate the fact that my wife doesn't drink beer. I don't ever have to worry about sharing my beer. But, if your wife likes beer, let her try it. It'll be a good excuse for you to buy more. :D

WesleyS said:
Ahh, it's times like these when I really appreciate the fact that my wife doesn't drink beer. I don't ever have to worry about sharing my beer. But, if she likes beer, let her try it. It'll be a good excuse to buy more. :D

Haha, I'm in a similar boat. She will take a sip of just about everything I drink but never a full glass. Although, she really loves Schlafly's Vanilla Milk Stout that they have at the brewery every once and a while.

NIZZLE said:
So I'm assuming you live here in Michigan also? You can always get more
:p and how did you like dragonmead?

Dragonmead: (1) porter was great; (2) Wee Heavy was awesome, and my first Scotish Ale; (3) IPA was disappointing; (4) Belgian strongs (what they are known for) were good but that is not my favorite style. When I go back, there will be no flight of beer...pint of that Wee Heavy is where I'm going.

xMalachi said:
Haha, I'm in a similar boat. She will take a sip of just about everything I drink but never a full glass. Although, she really loves Schlafly's Vanilla Milk Stout that they have at the brewery every once and a while.

My wife will drink beer but not more than two in a typical sitting. She likes wine but has a reaction to the sulfites.

Ridire said:
Had one of those earlier. That beer has really grown on me.

There's a couple places around here that have quite a bit left and they're starting to mark the price down on the 12 packs.

kh54s10 said:
Scottish Wee Heavy. I named it Montgomery for my favorite Warp Drive engineer. Also my first beer in a keg.

Is that difficult to brew? I was recently introduced to the style but the recipes I've seen are very involved.

WesleyS said:
There's a couple places around here that have quite a bit left and they're starting to mark the price down on the 12 packs.

I see it everywhere. Is it seasonal? I first tasted it a few months ago.

WesleyS said:
Ahh, it's times like these when I really appreciate the fact that my wife doesn't drink beer.

Yeah my wife doesn't drink beer either. She"drank beer" 17 years ago when we started dating; now it's all wine.

Like a champ though, she smells every beer I put in her face. "Smells like beer" is her unwavering appraisal. Until the other night when I offered her Flying Dog Citra IIPA: "Smells like cat pee and lemons. Eww."

Nice! I think we may be turning a corner here! :)

Oh yeah, what I'm drinking now is:

image-4042451209.jpg

coldcrash said:
Yeah my wife doesn't drink beer either. She"drank beer" 17 years ago when we started dating; now it's all wine.

Like a champ though, she smells every beer I put in her face. "Smells like beer" is her unwavering appraisal. Until the other night when I offered her Flying Dog Citra IIPA: "Smells like cat pee and lemons. Eww."

My wife thinks IPA is the most disgusting smell in the world... and I'm somewhat of a hophead.

coldcrash said:

My wife will smell my beer from time to time. She actually likes the way IPAs smell.

Crappy pic but another doctor ordered crown reserve can't taste beer so not wasting my good **** lol geaux tigers 3-0 bottom of the 6th and were up to bat

image-3554504241.jpg

Back