I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a dream while in Hawaii. At that time I hadn't slept with my wife on a regular basis for years.. the 2K miles between us stifles overnight stays. Not sure if it was all the good food I was eating, the crappy bed we slept in or the heat. But one night I dreamed of an old friend. We were both the age we are now although we havent seen each other in 10-15 years. He was a very good friend when I was young. In the dream he'd lost some hair and gained a few pounds but was still the same old friend. That's all I remember other than I think I remember it was a happy dream.

What do ya think DR. LG?

I hope a little vanity is okay. Sometimes I wake up and look at myself in the mirror and think, I'm a lucky *****, most women look terrible in the morning. Screw make-up, I don't need it. Hit the 40 mark and still get IDed here and there. Could they really possibly think I was under 21? Maybe, I'm hot for my age. Heck, I'm vane enough to say I'm hot for any age. So, ha! :p

Woman! I'm positive you are quite hot. No doubt. I figure when a person does look well over 21 and still gets ID'd by the opposite sex, they're just trying to get your name.

Woman! I'm positive you are quite hot. No doubt. I figure when a person does look well over 21 and still gets ID'd by the opposite sex, they're just trying to get your name.

Oh, like the guy at the grocery store in Gainesville, he was the manager. When I joked about the ID thing, he said "I'm not far behind you, where are you headed?" I winked at him, got checked out(in more ways than one) and left the store. He was probably in his early to mid-thirties. I really must become more self-aware.

Wow, am I really going to say this on this family thread?

What is the sexiest age? For me when I was 36. For a girl 28.

Your opinions might vary.

My daughter once told me "Mom, from behind you look like a teenager!" But then she added, "But, then you turn around." I still took it as a compliment.

I had a dream while in Hawaii. At that time I hadn't slept with my wife on a regular basis for years.. the 2K miles between us stifles overnight stays. Not sure if it was all the good food I was eating, the crappy bed we slept in or the heat. But one night I dreamed of an old friend. We were both the age we are now although we havent seen each other in 10-15 years. He was a very good friend when I was young. In the dream he'd lost some hair and gained a few pounds but was still the same old friend. That's all I remember other than I think I remember it was a happy dream.

What do ya think DR. LG?
The only dreams you need to try and remember are the ones that bother you. Other then that, eh. I wouldn't worry about them.

Now, take two melatonin and call me in the morning. That really will give you some intense dreams.

So, Dr. LG, what's happening with my dreams, I know you said talk to the shrink and I will. But any ideas what is wrong with me?

The only dreams you need to try and remember are the ones that bother you. Other then that, eh. I wouldn't worry about them.

Now, take two melatonin and call me in the morning. That really will give you some intense dreams.

Being educated as a neuroscientist, I can promise you that dreams mean diddly. And your brain tries very hard to "erase" the ones you do remember... you've probably noticed that details become strangely difficult to remember further on in the day even if you remembered them very well when waking up.

And as someone with an overactive REM stage, I can tell you that intense dreaming sucks! They can get really exhausting. Frequent sleep paralysis is another crappy part to the whole REM thing. Although in the past year I've actually started having a few lucid dreams... which have been interesting, but not as easy to control as I had thought they'd be - and putting too much effort into doing so only serves to wake you up and ruin the opportunity.

Melatonin fecks me up. Haven't taken it in years. I'd have the most intense dreams, felt like I'd been asleep for ten years, wake up and see that ten minutes had passed.

The Doc is probably thinking and getting ready to write a response. I have found him to be more than he appears here on this thread. Not that he appears wrongly. Meant it as a compliment. LG is quite deep.

BobbiLynn. I think, and have nothing to back this up. The more stress a person is under, the more you brain has to think about during the day. The more wild dreams become at night.

I never really went to college but had a few years of mind soaking education. Seemed during those years I dreamed vividly every night. I don't know what they meant and usually can only recall moments of them if at all. More like a feeling you wake up with, remember parts but they quickly disappear.

OKay true rambling going on on my part. I'm good or another 30-40 minutes worth if you're interested.

Melatonin fecks me up. Haven't taken it in years. I'd have the most intense dreams, felt like I'd been asleep for ten years, wake up and see that ten minutes had passed.

You want retardedly intense dreams? Melatonin + vitamin b6 megadose.

I love dreams where I realize I am dreaming, then I get to do whatever I want. Once I dove to the bottom of the ocean, knew I would not drown, but then got swept up by a rogue wave and ended up in the big pool at Sea World in Orlando, Florida. What does that mean?

I think my self given 40 minutes are about up. And I'm going to get sappy.

This place is my primary social network. I work with two other guys and our jobs are behind secured doors. I don't have much contact with people that I see.

I find comfort in the good people here on HBT.

Someday I'll have a life and probably won't be posting so much. That's a dream and curse.

Goodnight HBT.

Good night. I only have salmonella infested chickens to talk to during the day so don't feel bad. ;)

And before the chickens I just had my plants, they wouldn't even chirp at me. Nothing, they just grew and said nothing. At least the chickens chirp.

This place is my primary social network. I work with two other guys and our jobs are behind secured doors. I don't have much contact with people that I see.

Someday I'll have a life and probably won't be posting so much. That's a dream and curse.

Goodnight HBT.

Sweet dreams, buttercup.

And before the chickens I just had my plants, they wouldn't even chirp at me. Nothing, they just grew and said nothing. At least the chickens chirp.

Yeah, but the plants don't start screaming when you decide to experiment with a steak knife/lighter/cordless drill...

Projects done for the night, tall glass of Muddy Creek by my keyboard and visions of hops cones dancing in my head.

I sang a song to the little chickens, turned off all the lights and finally they shut the F up.

Hush little chickens, don't say a word.
Maybe I'll buy you a mocking bird.

Shut the F up before I ring your little necks, you GD chickens! Some people are trying to sleep around here. Obviously, did not finish the chicken tractor today and they are still on my porch, annoying me.

Add Oreos. I wish we had dancing Oreos.

Me too, or maybe chocolate chip cookies. Maybe we can ask TXbrew about it.

So today looks like more rain is coming, very windy. So I think I will spend the day studying up on mind reading techniques. Already found this tidbit:

The first thing you have to do is watch the size of the pupil. If the person is not interested you can see the size of the pupil shrink.

Though usually I can tell when hubby is not interested by the way he rolls his eyes and grunts. First order of the day, when he wakes up this afternoon, I will not ask if he wants coffee, I will make coffee then see if he drinks it. Yesterday, he started off having a good day but then it turned into a bad day. So today not sure if the bad day will carry over. If it does, I must be prepared. On bad days, the sound of my voice annoys him, so must learn to communicate without words. And read his mind. Asking him questions on a bad day is a bad idea. Instead of answering the question, he makes an unrelated statement. For example, "Do you want some coffee?" and he answers with something like, "It's 2 o'clock in the afternoon." I look at the clock and yes, he knows what time it is, but that did not answer my question. Or I am supposed to know that 2 o'clock in the afternoon is a bad time for coffee? Even if he just woke up and it's a little chilly out with the wind blowing?

I better go study up on the mind reading thing. My goal today, communicate with him, without words. I will read his mind because that is what he seems to expect me to do. If he thinks I can do that, well, maybe I can.

I need $1500. Not sure how to get it. Maybe I can sell my beer on the black market or become a drug dealer. Maybe my crackhead friend can hook me up with some connections. Or sell more junk. Maybe rob a convenient store at just the right time. Or maybe some kind of scam. Become a fortune teller or something. Hmmmm.....

I need $1500. Not sure how to get it. Maybe I can sell my beer on the black market or become a drug dealer. Maybe my crackhead friend can hook me up with some connections. Or sell more junk. Maybe rob a convenient store at just the right time. Or maybe some kind of scam. Become a fortune teller or something. Hmmmm.....

I had just read an article that talked about this site - perhaps it will help.

http://www.giveforward.com/cause/raise-money-for-medical-expenses

I had just read an article that talked about this site - perhaps it will help.

http://www.giveforward.com/cause/raise-money-for-medical-expenses

Oh, thanks. I will definitely look into that. Looks very interesting, hubby is opposed to charity, but he's so out of it right now, probably won't pay attention to what I am doing. We need some help right now, crops won't be in for another month and a half. And later, when things are stable again, I can try to give the money back to help others.

Also called an old friend and waiting for a call back from the big boss. They own a landscaping company and I can go to work doing that while we wait for crops to grow and berries to come into season. I am the hardest worker they will ever meet. My family and any of my friends can vouch for that.

Maybe I can come up with this money without doing anything illegal.

GiveForward empowers friends and family by giving them an answer to the question "What can I do to help?"

I re-wrote my list of things we needed after hubby threw my first list away. Hubby is too proud to beg, but I am not. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I called around today and pretty sure I'll have a job soon. Called landscaping companies. When they said they were fully staffed, I said well surely there is someone you want to fire, I will take their position. I am the hardest worker you will ever meet. I know all about running irrigation, working with tractors, I can work with power tools, anything, tell me once and I got it. Anything that has to do with getting outside and working hard, I'm the person you need. Even the ones who did not need help ended up taking down my name and number. Fire someone, hire me instead. I will work my ass off for the money I need. If this doesn't work out, then I will look into charities.

I should have told them I was hot and offered to sleep with the boss. :eek: Then for sure I'd get the job. Desperate times, desperate measures...

Today, I let all the chickens go, but little bastards didn't leave. Just huddled together on the porch and tried to follow me around. No, little chickens, you can't come in the house. Ended up putting them back. Little ****ers.

Where'd everyone go? I scared you away? I need a ****ing job. Trying to pull money out of my ass isn't working anymore. I will harass my potential employers until someone gives me a job. I need to get out of the house anyway. Nephew can care for hubby while I'm off working. My downfall, I said I just needed temp work, until my crops come in, in a month and a half. But maybe I can still do some work for them after that. I'm flexible... very flexible... I should have stressed that on the phone. I need money!!!! Not for things I don't need, but for things we must have to live.

Hubby says I will not get a job landscaping, because that is what Mexicans are for. What? I said, I can work harder than a Mexican and he said no, you can't. If the chemo doesn't kill hubby, I might do it myself. Don't worry though, appointment with my shrink tomorrow and I am on medication.

I'm no neuroscientist, or doctor. Though I thank you for the compliment.

So, Dr. LG, what's happening with my dreams, I know you said talk to the shrink and I will. But any ideas what is wrong with me?
I'm afraid you have an incurable case of humanity. :) To be honest, with how stressed you are, I would have been surprised if your dreams weren't either violent or terrifying.

Being educated as a neuroscientist, I can promise you that dreams mean diddly. And your brain tries very hard to "erase" the ones you do remember... you've probably noticed that details become strangely difficult to remember further on in the day even if you remembered them very well when waking up.

And as someone with an overactive REM stage, I can tell you that intense dreaming sucks! They can get really exhausting. Frequent sleep paralysis is another crappy part to the whole REM thing. Although in the past year I've actually started having a few lucid dreams... which have been interesting, but not as easy to control as I had thought they'd be - and putting too much effort into doing so only serves to wake you up and ruin the opportunity.
Yeah, I've done the whole intense dreaming thing. I've never had sleep paralysis unless I was sleeping on my back though.

I can lucid dream about 60% of the time if I want to take the time to do some meditation before I go to sleep. After you've done it for a while though, the novelty wears off. When you lucid dream you also know it isn't real, so it's not actually that much more fun then watching a movie.

I still take it once in a while, if I have trouble sleeping for several nights in a row.

The Doc is probably thinking and getting ready to write a response. I have found him to be more than he appears here on this thread. Not that he appears wrongly. Meant it as a compliment. LG is quite deep.

BobbiLynn. I think, and have nothing to back this up. The more stress a person is under, the more you brain has to think about during the day. The more wild dreams become at night.

I never really went to college but had a few years of mind soaking education. Seemed during those years I dreamed vividly every night. I don't know what they meant and usually can only recall moments of them if at all. More like a feeling you wake up with, remember parts but they quickly disappear.

OKay true rambling going on on my part. I'm good or another 30-40 minutes worth if you're interested.
Thank you Dan.

Again, not a neuroscientist or doctor.

I was actually sleeping. As far as I can tell, what my brain is doing while I'm dreaming is data organization. It's collating, compressing, moving to long term storage, and deleting irrelevant data.

When you are under stress, that tends to manifest in your dreams. The data you are handling is emotionally charged with fight/flight responses. That tends to be mirrored in your dreams.

I love dreams where I realize I am dreaming, then I get to do whatever I want. Once I dove to the bottom of the ocean, knew I would not drown, but then got swept up by a rogue wave and ended up in the big pool at Sea World in Orlando, Florida. What does that mean?
That you should have another beer of course. :mug:

Goodnight HBT.
A life? What's that? Maybe I should see if I can get one when I don't have to work 50 hour weeks.

Where'd everyone go? I scared you away?
Very little scares me anymore BL. Good luck on your job hunt.

LG, the music you post here is not my favorite. But I have to say neither was rap. However, over the past year I'm getting into Rap from the influence of my daughter. Not on my car's pre-set radio stations yet. But who knows.

Maybe have to listen to more of your stuff. What music category does it fall into?

Well the hunt yesterday was not as good. For some reason the little buggers were not out sunning themselves :mad: I guess that is why they call it hunting and not shooting.

Stupid range finder was set on meters and I did not catch it at first. I was ranging the shots and shooting way low and getting rather frustrated. I was able to range a tree at 750 thinking it was yards but it was meters. The chucks were another 100 yards past that so I was shooting for 850 yards and the real range was about 940.

Sigh, once I figured out what was wrong I was dumping them but dang it took 5 shots to figure it out. Oh well I got to spend a couple of days out doing what I enjoy doing. I took some good cigars and a cooler of beer and spotted for the guys. Since I go long I was pretty much only shooting in the morning when the wind was not so bad leaving the rest of the day for spotting

I can listen to most any kind of music and enjoy it. About the only thing I do not enjoy is the same genre over and over.

Back