Feeding honey later? JAOM

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick22

Reaction score
Hey, I started a JAOM on the 1st there(2 litres) I put about 350g honey to it(12.34 ounces).

I need to get it up to 600+ g. So I was thinking I could just go buy some honey and put it in there later.

Is this okay?

Also, I may have used too much cinnamon, well It tastes okay but it was in powder form and it is all settling down at the bottom of the bottle now.

The cinnamon sways about at the bottom when I move the bottle, I'm thinking this will be a ***** to rack.

You could add the honey after you have racked it if you are going to stabilize...if not you would just give the yeast some more food to feast on and continue fermentation. As far as the Cinnamon problem goes you might just have to take less product out of the carboy to ensure that you don't suck it up when you are racking, or buy one of those filters that you can put on the tube of your racking cane...whats it called...vinbrite i think.

Here's a link to a video of it...i think its only like 50 dollars for the kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRhufu9XuNU

For my money I would just stick to the JOAM recipe...its supposed to be super simple...thats the part of it that appeals to most...unless you are trying some type of variation.

Back