Fat Tire review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What? Yet another thread on Fat Tire? Dude, are you crazy?

No, I'm not.

I had to start a thread on it because SwAMi was kind enough to bring a sixer of this stuff back for me from his home away from home in Tejas/Oklahoma.

Well, I've had the opportunity to sit down with one of these babies and reminisce a tad.

After a bottle of it, this is pretty much exactly how I remember it, minus a few minor details. I recalled it being a tad darker, for one. No biggie. I recalled it being a little hoppier as well, but not much. FWIW, my clone is pretty far off in those terms.

The taste is nice. Bready, biscuity, very malty. Sweetness comes through nicely but not too much. I wish it had more hops but that is just my personal preference. Overall, a very nice beer that could get boring after more than a few, but I thoroughly enjoyed my stroll down memory lane. It has been almost 6 years since my last Fat Tire experience, and for all the threads and talk and discussions we've been through regarding this beer in the past year--it was probably all worth it. Nice beer.

4.5/5

Back