Your experience dealing with idiot today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are all idiots in someone elses eyes...

This is something tell my self daily (as the idiot exhales the end of his cigaret as he enters the gas station to buy more cigarets).

A friend of mine works at a bank. His coworker, the daughter of 2 bosses above him, did not know the difference between a million and a billion.

Is she English? An American million is a British billion. Not sure what they call an American billion, but it isn't a trillion. :drunk:

True story. Picked up my favorite brand and got in line. Come up to the counter and this simply stunning early twenty something rings me up. She sees the box and beckons me closer. I lean forward. She does again. I lean forward more. She whispers in my ear. "this week these are on special, buy one get another at half off".

Did you make it clear that you couldn't possibly use 2 boxes before they expired and would only get the second of she was willing to assist you in using the other box. :rockin:

True story. Picked up my favorite brand and got in line. Come up to the counter and this simply stunning early twenty something rings me up. She sees the box and beckons me closer. I lean forward. She does again. I lean forward more. She whispers in my ear. "this week these are on special, buy one get another at half off".

I bought them buzzed once. Went something like this.

Walk up to the line, cute chick behind counter.

Me: Hello.
Her: just looks at me.
Me: how's your night going.
Her: Fine.
Me: So, you ever use this kind?
Her: No.
Me: Really? Do you prefer ribbed or smooth?
Her: Grinning while giving me the stink eye.
Me: I'll let you know how she likes them. Good night.

Fun experience. Kinda felt like a creep after I sobered up though.

Is she English? An American million is a British billion. Not sure what they call an American billion, but it isn't a trillion. :drunk:

True story. My fiance has her Master's degree and a bunch of certs and what not. We were talking one night and I said that a house we like is a quarter million. She said no it's 250,000.... I just sighed and kept on going.

I bought them buzzed once. Went something like this.

Walk up to the line, cute chick behind counter.

Me: Hello.
Her: just looks at me.
Me: how's your night going.
Her: Fine.
Me: So, you ever use this kind?
Her: No.
Me: Really? Do you prefer ribbed or smooth?
Her: Grinning while giving me the stink eye.
Me: I'll let you know how she likes them. Good night.

Fun experience. Kinda felt like a creep after I sobered up though.

Bought a case of beer, a box, and a philly cigar once. Girl behind the counter says "well, your night is shaping up a lot better than mine is."

Why do I never have a funny retort in real life?

Time for today's rant.

This time I did not even have to leave the house to encounter stupidity.

Buyer calls me about an ad that I had on craigslist "yeah, I want to look at your weed eater that you have for sale, whats your address"

me: I only give my address out to those who are ready to come take a look at it. When did you plan on coming over to check it out.

Craigslist a$$hole: I can be to Cary in less than 10 mins, leaving now.

Me: Ok my address is.... See you in 10.

That was 2 hours ago. Now this punk A55 is going to show up at my house 9pm tonight with some lame excuse as to why it took 6 hours longer than expected.

Just called the buyer back. He said that he will be there in 10 mins. I was like this is what you said 2 hours ago.

Because you only have a split second to think. Just like after arguing with someone. While it's happening your just spouting stupid sh**. Soon as you walk away. You're like, Damn that would have been an awesome comeback. Into memory it goes..

Moral of the story, next time somehting like that happens. You'll have a retort.

Just called the buyer back. He said that he will be there in 10 mins. I was like this is what you said 2 hours ago.

Ahh! Must be an exponential distribution. Hahahaha.

...no? stats jokes not funny? okay. I think I'm done here.

I have three more weeks. Then I'm married and don't have to worry about rubbers. Fakin hate those things.

One problem disappears while inheriting a few others..

Think i've derailed this thread enough..

Carry on.

It's a trap. Better lock and load.

Never give your address to some clown from Craigslist. Tell him to meet you at the corner store and to call you when he is there. Bring a weapon.

I have three more weeks. Then I'm married and don't have to worry about rubbers. Fakin hate those things.

One problem disappears while inheriting a few others..

Think i've derailed this thread enough..

Carry on.

No worries. This train went off the tracks a while back. Almost got it back on track.

It's a trap. Better lock and load.

Never give your address to some clown from Craigslist. Tell him to meet you at the corner store and to call you when he is there. Bring a weapon.

I don't live in Detroit or a similar city. Pretty safe around here although I still keep my piece locked, loaded, and concealed when answering the door.

Man did I ever deal with an idiot today! I was on this website that is about Homebrewing and the topic of Walmart came up and man what a tool this guy was.... oh wait nevermind. :D

Man did I ever deal with an idiot today! I was on this website that is about Homebrewing and the topic of Walmart came up and man what a tool this guy was.... oh wait nevermind. :D

I know what you mean. I ran into this guy also on a homebrew forum. He was one of those Prius driving far left entitlement types.

Amazing. Its been almost a week and no sign of moronic activity. Then again, I've only left my house 2 times since then.

Actually, I did witness what happens when 2 idiots try to occupy the same space at the same time.

I was walking to my car while at the store and watched as 2 cars simultaneously backed out of their parking spot until they kissed bumpers somewhere in the middle.

Both drivers were depending solely on their mirrors while backing and refused to rotate their air-filled heads 180 degrees to ensure there was no one backing out in their blind spot.

Driving down the turnpike, speed limit 75mph, and its raining. There's one car in front of me and we are both in the passing lane trying to get around a few cars that are merging from an on ramp to the right. A woman in a white 4 door sedan is part of the merging influx of cars. She immediately crosses over to the far left passing lane and stops in the middle of the road. Guy in front of me slams on his breaks, and I do the same behind him. She then puts on her left blinker, completely stopped in the passing lane on the turnpike, and proceeds to drive across the median between the highway and cuts a left to go the opposite way. Idiot could have just got on the turnpike going that direction from the exact same loop she was already on. I tried to stay calm, but idiots on the road have always been one of my weak points. somedays....

Back