Coopers drops and cider. Bottle bombs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyturner87

Reaction score
Does anyone know about coopers carbonation drops?
I have some and want to try them. My cider has nearly stopped. I intend to ferment dry and artificialy sweeten slightly and bottle to 500ml glass bottles with coopers carb drops.
I want the bottles to be stored ambient when finnished and i want no sediment in bottle few months down the line. Will I be able to get away with sorbate sulfite and not need pasteurise to avoid bombs and sediment?

If your ferment dry and then add sorbate you won't be able to bottle carbonate. Skip the sorbate and just prime with your carb drops and you should be fine.

As for sediment, if you bottle condition for carbonation...there's no way around sediment. It's just a by product of the process.

I have carbed a dry fermented cider in 500 mL bottles using those drops. 2 per bottle gives a good result.

Fossey said:
I have carbed a dry fermented cider in 500 mL bottles using those drops. 2 per bottle gives a good result.

... they have been bottled since November - no pasteurisation necessary.

Back