Traveling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbird

Reaction score
I will be going to visit family in a week or so and I want to take a home brew with me. How can I take a few beer bottles on an airplane and not break. I know I will have to check them on but how can I wrap them so they are safe?

Socks work well, and are small for the return trip. Your clothes are all you need.

Put the bottles in zip lock bags, then double sock them. If possible, then wrap them in individual articles of clothing. They'll be just fine.

My girlfriend just came back home from San Francisco to Montreal and she bring (into her only checked in luggage) :

One very good californian red wine bottle

About 6 small to large size bottles of craft beers... (not that we don't have lots of choice here)

Not a single one popped or broke...

Let's just say she embraces my home brewing... :)

I do it every time I travel for work, on my leg out my checked baggage is filled only with some spare socks and a box of gallon plastic bags, on the way home the contents are slightly different.

The belly of aircraft are pressurized to the same level as the cabin to which you are traveling.

You may think there is only your bags in the plane, but there's tons of cargo and probably a few animals that fellow passengers couldn't travel without. Your checked bags get the same treatment (except for the occasional tossing) that you do.

Back