What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20130515_201149_Hagrid_Ingrid.jpg

Goes great with rib eye, home fries, and fiddleheads. Mmmmm

Ever since I moved the beer fridge it's been running cold. I think my temp probe is screwed up. This beer almost shock froze on me.

HessenHelles said:
Wanna trade?

Sure. But I'll have to wait a little bit. I'm about tapped out on beer funds right now. I have one trade I'll be sending off next week and that will have to be it for a while. I have been wanting to try some stuff from New Glarus so I'd definitely be up for a trade. Maybe in a couple months if you'd still be up for it.

Sure. But I'll have to wait a little bit. I'm about tapped out on beer funds right now. I have one trade I'll be sending off next week and that will have to be it for a while. I have been wanting to try some stuff from New Glarus so I'd definitely be up for a trade. Maybe in a couple months if you'd still be up for it.

I totally understand. I can get my hands on quit a few limited brews right now. I plan on holding on to a few. So, no problem, let me know when your ready.

HessenHelles said:
I totally understand. I can get my hands on quit a few limited brews right now. I plan on holding on to a few. So, no problem, let me know when your ready.

Awesome, thanks! I'll definitely be getting with you on that.

Hey Ostomo517 I could use your help kicking this keg of rise in shine tonight. Only if you where closer hehe.

NIZZLE said:
Don't be one just so happen to find it's way in your box :) don't know how it got their but it did I cant ship this Monday but the following monday it is going out if thats ok

Awesome! And no rush, man. Send it out when you can.

Year old Black IPA,cant believe its been a year since I did that.Very very good still and hoppy yet.Those oxygen caps work pretty darn good! All Galena hops(in boil),CAliV yeast and FF dryhop.Thick walled lacing,creamy head, dark with red hue.Will brew again.Love that yeast.No wonder why I like it so much,I forgot I had oaked it as well.That and think I got a thing for brown malt also.:tank: Every beer with that malt seems to turn out exceptional-ive noticed unless just coincidence.

geez! what I'm gonna send is gonna be a small taste!

Sorry man, I missed this post last night. Prolly too late for a smart arse comment. But, deliveries come in on Thursday, so I plan on checking out the liquor store when I get out of work. I'll Pm you tomorrow night, but I still have that IIPA for you.

Mmm. All Amarillo IPA.Ive seemed to have mastered head retention and lacing,now I just gotta figure out the pattern of what Ive been doing exactly.Really impressive stuff considering the lackingness I get with head/retention of commercial beer-not that its a bad thing. Im thinking these yeast starters Ive been consistent of doing has something to do with it. I simply dont get the same results with really good craft bottled beer as far as appearance.
Anyways I think amarillo is good but maybe better with other hops. The more the better,I guess?Its a good hop on its own but I like a little more to it.It will always be a top-hop for me personally though.
Also having a massivley lacey Pliny the lesser clone. Ill be saving some for my pregnant wife when shes unpregnant in January when she can have a delicious hoppy beer. Which mine tastes nothing like pliny but is still unbelievable. Especially so as the whole batch now lagers in my fridge.

I just finished a bomber of Stone IRS (had the first half last night) that I'd aged over 4 medium toast american oak cubes for a couple of weeks. I just popped the top off a cold bottle, dumped the cubes in and quickly re-sealed the bottle, then stored it in my fermentation chamber at ~50 F. I probably should have gone with 2 cubes, because after a few ounces the oak was a little too much, but the beer was still damn good. The first taste each night was awesome. It's amazing the amount of bourbon flavor you get just from the oak. I may do it again with 2 cubes, or longer with just 1 cube.

Latest posts

Back