Using flavorings at bottling? Priming sugar calculation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MedicMang

Reaction score
I did a red wheat beer and wanted to add blueberry to it for the 4th of July. Get it? A Red, Whit, and Blue... Berry. Anyways. I ended up brewing this quick and didn't really want to go with the hassle of secondary-ing like 4 lbs of fresh blueberries, getting little blueberry flavor the end. So I went the route of using a flavoring.

I bought the four oz bottle from morebeer.com. It has no instructions on it. Do I dump the whole thing? Will it add sugars and mess with my priming sugar calculation? Anyone have experience with this?

Bottling soon. Thanks in advance.

I did a red wheat beer and wanted to add blueberry to it for the 4th of July. Get it? A Red, Whit, and Blue... Berry. Anyways. I ended up brewing this quick and didn't really want to go with the hassle of secondary-ing like 4 lbs of fresh blueberries, getting little blueberry flavor the end. So I went the route of using a flavoring.

I bought the four oz bottle from morebeer.com. It has no instructions on it. Do I dump the whole thing? Will it add sugars and mess with my priming sugar calculation? Anyone have experience with this?

Bottling soon. Thanks in advance.

Don't worry about added sugar. You can just pour it in the bottling bucket. Also DON'T add the whole bottle. 1.5oz to 2.5oz should be about right. Less is more with those flavor additives.

Cool man. Thanks for the response. I like your name. I just used basil in a lime and basil hefe. Probably my favorite herb to use.

Back