A Keezer evolves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone... FYI: my first thread so if I do something inappropriate, please let me know.

After having read dozens of keezer threads I decided it was time to make one. It started out as a standard collared version but not being able to leave well enough alone, after a month, I made a bar top for it.

I am new to woodworking, I only got my first saw this year so it isn't as nice as some of the work I see on here but I do like it and it has gotten lots of compliments from those that have seen it.

Enough talk, here are the pics...

unboxing.jpg

collar fitting.JPG

insulation.JPG

almost done.JPG

Keezer.JPG

I got the lights quite a while ago on a whim when I first started thinking about building a keezer. I don't recall exactly where but it was someplace cheap, possibly harbor freight. It was a 12" strip of blue LEDs. I cut it down to fit.

Currently there isn't anything actively cooling the lines. The beer lines are quite narrow, so the amount of beer they hold before going through the lid is pretty small. I did drill a hole for gas and the wires from the light though, so if in the summer that bit effects the first pour enough, I can run some air up from below.

Nice. Looks like you replaced the collar and the top? or did you just trim out the top of the freezer with the top you added?
I love the simplicity of this. I will be moving mine out of the garage sometime in the future and this might be the way I change my current collar set up.
Thanks for sharing!

I just built the top and glued it right on top of the keezer lid. The collar is still there. I used the same taps, just covered the holes with some tape for now. Will find a better solution eventually but for now it works.

I'm not sure if you're aware but you have two ghosts who are admiring your work. :)

Can you take a few pics of the inside of your tower for me? I'm interested in the holes in the top most specifically.

Thank you.

Really nice work, man. I've been looking for an example of a coffin that says poopoo to the cold air circulation thing, I wouldn't think it's necessary either. And I would imagine it really kills the efficiency of the whole thing, forcing the compressor to come on way more often.

Also like the taster trays, must be fun for guests. And the Kale sticker! Kale and beer are probably my two most favorite things to put in my mouth.

Really nice work, man. I've been looking for an example of a coffin that says poopoo to the cold air circulation thing, I wouldn't think it's necessary either. And I would imagine it really kills the efficiency of the whole thing, forcing the compressor to come on way more often.

Also like the taster trays, must be fun for guests. And the Kale sticker! Kale and beer are probably my two most favorite things to put in my mouth.

Thanks, considering I got my first saw less than a year ago and this is the first project I tried to have look nice I think it came out pretty well. it was so much fun to build, I want to do it again.

I have not noticed a bit of temp difference between the first and second beer... I would be surprised if there is 1/2 ounce in the it of line between the tap and the freezer.

gotta love the tasting flights. The paddles were a birthday gift from my GF. The name of our "brewery" is burned into handle. "Sticky Dogs Brewing" We have 3 dachshunds that misbehave and get squirted with lemon often and are hence sticky.

As for Kale, my girlfriend got me eating it. I thought it was just a garnish. Now we put it in lots of different things. Very tasty.

Since you can never have too many pictures, here is another, in better light with the new mirror.

With_mirror.jpg

Back