Asheville Brewing Co Rocket Girl

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When worlds collided…we took the best things about ales and mashed them with the best parts of lagers…and it was a blast off! A bold malt and our special kolsch yeast creates a golden lager that puts your taste buds into hyperspace. She’s mysterious, she’s complex, and she’s got one heavenly body.

Malts: Pale, Wheat, Munich
Hops: Mt. Hood, Tradition

Any thoughts

I've never had it, but with so few ingredients, it shouldn't be too hard to clone.

The Tradition hops are generally higher in AAs than Mt. Hood, so they're probably used in the bittering charge, though not necessarily exclusively. Mt. Hood are low AA with a great aroma, so those would be your late additions.

Since it's golden, the Munich is most likely the least used of the grains. Probably 20% or less. Wheat is either very low (5-10%) for a bit of extra body and head retention, or used a bit more for flavor, too (look to the flavor of the original and any residual cloudiness for hints that it's used above 10-20%). Pale malt would make up the rest.

And the yeast you have narrowed down pretty well. Wyeast and WL both sell a kölsch yeast, so pick one and go with it, see if it works. Actually, Wyeast has two out now, and you might still be able to get the second one if you look around. Ferment these cool and lager for a bit, if you can. I haven't used WL's version, but 2565 ferments down to 50F just fine.

Take this all with a huge grain of salt; like I said before, I haven't had this beer. This is just my vague guess based off the description above and what strike me as standard practices.

Latest posts

Back