Recirc tube in temperature coupler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddlr25

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to purchase this kettle from MoreBeer http://morebeer.com/products/heavy-duty-brew-kettle-ball-valve-notched-lid-60-quart15-gallon.html

I'm wanting to put a recirc tube in the temp coupler, but I need some sort of compression fitting that allows me to connect a ball valve. Does anything like this exist?

For more clarification I would run a stainless tube through the coupler that is connected to a compression fitting which is connected to the temp coupler which then a ball valve would be connected to the compression fitting.

I think your best bet would be to simply use a 1/2" close nipple to thread a 1/2" ball valve onto the kettle, and then figure out how to make a tube/nozzle that attaches to the inside of the nipple. You should be able to find a SS tube that snugly fits into the nipple, then just solder it in there.
Personally, I use a tube that hangs over the edge of the kettle for re-circulation. It's easy to aim for whirlpool, etc., and is modular, which I like.

Latest posts

Back