faucet question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CG72

Reaction score
I'm building my keezer and about to pick out my faucets. Is stainless steel the way to go? Or are the chrome/ brass ones just as good? Big price difference, so just want to make sure I make the right decision.

OK great , now there is a creamer version and regular. Any thoughts or experience with those ?

OK great , now there is a creamer version and regular. Any thoughts or experience with those ?

I've got one creamer and 3 regular stainless perlicks (Don't forget to get a stainless shaft and tail piece as well). Only ran one keg of stout through the creamer, and honestly, I didn't use it half the time. It does cause more head, and looks good if you really want to show off a lot of head, but to me, not sure it was really worth it.

If you can get a good price you might want one just to have, but IMHO I wouldn't sweat it if you skip it.

Don't have a creamer but the regular Perlick SS faucets are just great. Haven't had a single issue since getting them. Very high quality.

Looking at their flow control faucet for Belgians. Anyone tried the flow control?

I've been looking at the 525 vs 575, and most reviews I've read say to just get the 525 and open it slightly to get a roughly creamer finish... no point in getting the 575.

I've been looking at the 525 vs 575, and most reviews I've read say to just get the 525 and open it slightly to get a roughly creamer finish... no point in getting the 575.

After reading as many threads as I could find about this, I picked three of the 525's + stainless shanks. Yes, you can get plenty of extra foam if you don't open them fully right away.

I bought it all as a complete setup from http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/ . I'd highly recommend them. Brian, the owner, provides personal attention and excellent customer service. His prices were also the best I found for what I wanted.

Back