Why did you get into this hobby?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How did you get started in this hobby?

• I had a huge vat of honey and needed to do something with it!

• I ilke to build things. Someday, I'll finish my build-out and start brewing.

• I wanted to grow a large, unkempt beard and figured this was the perfect cover.

• I wanted to release my inner Dr. Frankenstein!

• I like to keep the neighbors guessing (and gossiping!)

• The smells from brewing and fermenting keep everyone out of my man cave - as it should be.

• I drink so much that I figured this would save me enough money to retire on.

• I wanted to make an exact clone of my favorite craft beer. After 3,500 gallons I'm almost there.

• I needed a new hobby and this was #1 on my Google search.

• It meshes perfectly with my anal retentive attention to detial.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Haha! That's awesome! I also loved the bit about the old farmer that made wines out of anything and everything and they all kicked ass! Rhubarb, dandelion, turnip, you name it. Then poor old Jim, after royally tying one on had to call on the devout Methodists who knew he was tanked. Laughed? Haha!

Haha! That's awesome! I also loved the bit about the old farmer that made wines out of anything and everything and they all kicked ass! Rhubarb, dandelion, turnip, you name it. Then poor old Jim, after royally tying one on had to call on the devout Methodists who knew he was tanked. Laughed? Haha!

OMG! I love that one! The farmer is staggering to the cupboard..."you mush.... you mush try thish one nexsht..." I am rolling just thing about it now!

I think that one might have made it to the series but I definitely remember that one from the books. It really inspired me to try to pick up my grandfather's wine brewing, lol

I received a kit for christmas and made a tasty IPA. Then I decided to try to make it better. And I did. Haven't stopped trying to improve since.

I hated beer. All I had been exposed to was BMC. Didn't care for it one bit.

Was tangentially aware of homebrewing (had seen the magazines on the shelf). Picked up BYO and read an article and they mentioned being able to change and create flavor profiles and there were pictures of beer that weren't yellow or dark like Guinness.

Made some purchases and went into it. To date the lightest beer I've made is a Nut Brown. I also love the building and McGyvering that goes into much of it.

Latest posts

Back