What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TNGabe said:
If you don't break them, you're probably not using them.

Or you're just careful with glass.
Yes, I also still have my original hydrometer. Seven years and no breaks.

Heavy Seas Winter Storm Imperial ESB. Man I love the $1 shelf at the bottle shop!

ForumRunner_20130511_231143.jpg

Might want to knock on wood Wes everytime I say something like that it happens next time I use what ever it was I was saying hasn't broke lol. Still drinking the double ipa

If you don't break them, you're probably not using them.

Exactly... I have 6 tulips and my favorite by far is the one with the drip of epoxy glass adhesive running down the stem.

Have broken my share of beer and wine glasses. For the sake of my marriage, I no longer wash any wine glasses until the morning (read: afternoon) after.

TNGabe said:
I think you're winning the thread so far tonight. Maine sure sounds nice.

On to Founders Curmudgeon here. I can see this being quite nice with a little time to calm down.

I love curmudgeon, great brew. If you ever make it to Maine let me know we can hit novere res in portland, great beer bar. It was de struise night tonight.

A homebrewed centennial blonde (thanks for the recipe BierMuncher!) that is really tasty after moving stuff all day. Followed by a really good local IPA.

ForumRunner_20130511_203513.jpg

ForumRunner_20130511_203523.jpg

1fast636 said:
Might want to knock on wood Wes everytime I say something like that it happens next time I use what ever it was I was saying hasn't broke lol. Still drinking the double ipa

Yeah, I know.
I'm always telling my wife that I don't understand how so many people are always breaking hydrometers and carboys.
Because of that, one of these days I'm going to break both in one day.

WesleyS said:
Yeah, I know.
I'm always telling my wife that I don't understand how so many people are always breaking hydrometers and carboys.
Because of that, one of these days I'm going to break both in one day.

Gonna play with fire for a minute:

I too have never broken a hydrometer or a carboy.

Of course, my brew days usually begin around 7am and are over by 2pm, so I'm not really handling my brew tools and fermentation vessels under the same conditions as my drinking vessels.

I promise I'll post on the "Official Broken Hydrometer Count" thread as soon as I'm able to do so.

Oh btw: Weyerbacher Heresy

DisturbdChemist said:
I got two and about to get a third soon ;). They are nice drinking glass.

I need to talk my wife into letting me(minus family) just take a day trip to Austin to hit a couple breweries.
But I think monkeys would sooner fly out of my carboy before that would ever happen.

I need to talk my wife into letting me(minus family) just take a day trip to Austin to hit a couple breweries.
But I think monkeys would sooner fly out of my carboy before that would ever happen.

That's why I'm going to these places before I have a family lol. Hope you can make it out there one day. It's really fun and its family friendly too.

Hello founders welcome to Texas!
ForumRunner_20130511_233255.png

DisturbdChemist said:
That's why I'm going to these places before I have a family lol. Hope you can make it out there one day. It's really fun and its family friendly too.
I hope to make it out there sometime this year.
Hello founders welcome to Texas!
It's so nice to finally have Founders here!

I hope to make it out there sometime this year.

It's so nice to finally have Founders here!

I can't wait to get my hands on some backwoods bastard and among other fine founders. Now bells, jolly pumpkin, crooked stave, Odell, cigar city, the bruery and other need to follow suit lol

DisturbdChemist said:
I can't wait to get my hands on some backwoods bastard and among other fine founders. Now bells, jolly pumpkin, crooked stave, Odell, cigar city, the bruery and other need to follow suit lol

Along with Terrapin, 21st Amendment, Great Lakes, Three Floyds, Dark Horse..........and I could go on and on. :D

Having a well deserved glass of HB'ed IPA while winding down from another day at work. After I finish this one, I have to get in bed. I have to be at work for another trip out of town this afternoon. When I get back home from this next trip, I think I need a couple of days off (I haven't been home more than 1/2 day at a time for weeks).

I'm up in Portland right now. Had a "kegging" party last night with a couple of buddies. Drank copious amounts of a few different IPA's while we kegged up my most recent batch of IIPA.

I have also spent more money than I care to think about at the Res...

FermentNEthinG said:
Definitely have the equipment. I have a few cultures I keep around such as brett brux trois and conan. I like the particular sourness from that JP La Roja for sure..it is a keeper.

as for the wine barrel. My wife and I are headed to wine country for dinner and some stops at some local wineries/breweries/distillery up along the lake. I will be coming home with a wine barrel if the place I called still has one but will be definitely returning with a used barrel (10 gallon) from the distillery..I am unsure which one I want because they have so many kinds.

now drinking a Siren Noire from Heavy Seas. This is rather sweet from when I remember it last..then again, it was in the back of the fridge long forgotten!

:fro:

Where did you go for the wine barrel? Wifey got the hook up from the distillery, good folks over there. In laws are on Cayuga, freaking love it. Love the new Ithaca brewery.

Back