The Art of Beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckcanady

Reaction score
Brewing beer is not only a passion, it is a science, a recreation, an obsession, an art! Often I think people overlook that brewing beer is a form of art. The definition of art is: The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination.
I hope that this can become a thread for all things that help make brewing an art. Wether is is a picture of people enjoying it, gnarly pictures of the process, or the innovations we create to make this into our beloved art.

image-1716568005.jpg

Carboy cleaning

image-344310248.jpg

Homebrew cake

image-4067287947.jpg

Belgian Tripel

For me the art is all in the process and the taste. I like to think of it as capturing a specific few hours of my consciousness in the form of a bottle. All my hopes, dreams and aspirations from one specific piece of time is analyzed in a completely different context months later. Maybe im thinking about this too much... :mug: :drunk:

I like the first two. Not a big fan of the tripel. Using an f/1.8 or lower would really help blur out the background and give a real narrow focal point. Or, an 85mm macro lens with the aperture wide open would put the focus on the bubbles on the side of the glass. It just might be killer!..or awful.

That said, it looks exactly like the pictures I take, so it has to be good, right!

Now I wish I had a good 200mm macro to get a shot of a gravity reading - the meniscus going up the hydrometer.

meniscus-on-water-surface-tension-supporting-steel-paperclip-in-drinking-glass-tumbler-beaker-1-AJHD.jpg

nicklepickles said:
For me the art is all in the process and the taste. I like to think of it as capturing a specific few hours of my consciousness in the form of a bottle. All my hopes, dreams and aspirations from one specific piece of time is analyzed in a completely different context months later. Maybe im thinking about this too much... :mug: :drunk:

I know exactly what your saying. I also think that everything you put into it is art: the effort you put into cleaning it, the "sculpture" you use to brew it, the way you set up and prepare, the beautiful lacing on the glass as you sip, all the way to the look on ones face as your caught in the moment. But that is the beauty of art, it's all up to your interpretation.

ckcanady said:
I know exactly what your saying. I also think that everything you put into it is art: the effort you put into cleaning it, the "sculpture" you use to brew it, the way you set up and prepare, the beautiful lacing on the glass as you sip, all the way to the look on ones face as your caught in the moment. But that is the beauty of art, it's all up to your interpretation.

Exactly!

Back