I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cider is good. You might want to keep a set of lines just for it though. The flavor tends to stay in the plastic.

Will the flavor impact my beer (APA) that's brewing? I can understand how plastic is permeable though. Anything I can do to minimize the flavor transfer? I mean dedicated lines aren't expensive just wondering.

(Epic Dubstep)[/url]

When I was racing at the Manchester Velodrome in 2009 (January) a couple guys over there got me onto dubstep haha. It sounded crazy when I got back here but it eventually caught on. That classical music (emotionally "intense") goes great with the drops and hyping it up etc. Not sure what you call that anymore, I played classical guitar for 12 years and just called it "classical." lol

Will the flavor impact my beer (APA) that's brewing? I can understand how plastic is permeable though. Anything I can do to minimize the flavor transfer? I mean dedicated lines aren't expensive just wondering.
Hmm, an APA it probably won't bother to much. Probably enough flavor to stand up to the fruity tinge from the cider.

After you wash the lines, run a baking soda solution through them a couple times. Then rinse them again. That will take a lot of it out.

If you are going to want to keg cider on a regular basis, it's probably just easier to dedicate a set of lines to it though.

Hmm, an APA it probably won't bother to much. Probably enough flavor to stand up to the fruity tinge from the cider.

After you wash the lines, run a baking soda solution through them a couple times. Then rinse them again. That will take a lot of it out.

If you are going to want to keg cider on a regular basis, it's probably just easier to dedicate a set of lines to it though.

Both points accepted! Thanks, good to know. I may invest in a couple spare lines just because... I like to experiment :p

Time for one more song tonight, then it's off to dream land for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been working a lot lately. Like everybody does. There's a lot going on in my life at the moment. Many changes and I suppose that's pretty normal for everybody as well.

In my spare time I have become hooked on a TV show called MI-5. Probably mentioned that before. And I'd like to say to Netflix. The capability to watch seasons of shows in weeks rather than years is a bless and curse.

If you decide to check it out I'd advise give it at least a season to make up your mind. The show really comes into it's own around the middle of season 2. After that there are at least 7 more seasons.

Man TV. That is a love hate relationship for me. I am a mod in a political forum so I need to watch a lot of news to keep up on things. Downright depressing at times watching the news. That and I need some background noise to sleep so I turn a TV on at bed time. I guess I cannot say that I am hooked on any shows though I just watch them to go to sleep.

We had guests over for dinner last night and had a wonderful meal. A ham with pineapple glaze :) I ate so much I only had room for one beer:(

Sorry about the creepy and weird thing, Hubby is just very sick and in the angry stage. I'll be okay. Carry on, all will be fine. I can fix this.

Well, this sucks, but I'm leaving hubby. Going to Gainesville to live near my son. This ****ing sucks but he won't leave me alone. I have no choice. Out of here, leaving the farm and everything I love. This ****ing sucks but I have no choice.

Sounds like it is for the best Bobbi. I don't care how sick or crazy he is, its not a good situation for you to be in. When you have to post a man's statistics on a board of relative strangers in the case of your murder... yeah... pretty much textbook terrible situation.

We're rooting for you.

BobbiLynn said:
Well, this sucks, but I'm leaving hubby. Going to Gainesville to live near my son. This ****ing sucks but he won't leave me alone. I have no choice. Out of here, leaving the farm and everything I love. This ****ing sucks but I have no choice.

Are you leaving right away? I hope so. Even if hubby is sick, you need to look out for yourself first.

BobbiLynn said:

Another vote for leave. I don't have much respect for a man who can't treat his lady with care, and especially since he is dependent on you. It may be hard on you, but you're making by far the better decision. Don't be hard on yourself, this isn't your fault and you shouldn't feel any obligation to try and nurture someone who has become this poisonous. Leave ASAP. Chin up kid.

I just want to reiterate... since you might have some trouble seeing the forrest for the trees after being in it for so long, that a partner (male, female or otherwise) who resorts to physical violence of any type is ABNORMAL.

Also, perhaps he IS so sick that he isnt thinking clearly. Y'know whom else is so sick that they dont think clearly? Rabid animals. We avoid them too.

/rant

Happy Friday everybody. I think I found an old YouTube video of Passedpawn in his 8th grade talent show. :D

Happy Friday everybody. I think I found an old YouTube video of Passedpawn in his 8th grade talent show. :D

Happy Friday indeed! That's funny Dan, I wish I had some talent like that. I do play piano, but just a little. 8th grade seems like such a long time ago... hmmm, I know what this Friday needs, some Boston...

for your late nite soundtrack, Foreplay/Long Time. I've always loved the transition at 2:30. Turn it up!

[ame]http://youtu.be/ViT280pfwyc[/ame]

Just got done reloading my computer. Picked up a nasty little virus somewhere. I was trying to upload pictures of my hops yesterday (here on HBT) and the $hit hit the fan. Browser starting opening a zillion windows, anything I clicked on once would automatically execute....repeatedly. I didn't even have to double click. Couldn't work in safe mode, couldn't access my ststem restore from start up, couldn't run antivirus. I thought all hope was lost. Things got super crazy eventually and I couldn't shut down, so I shut down through task manager. This time when the computer restarted I was able to get into system restore. Weird. When I restarted normally (from the start button) it would block me out of system restore and safe mode. But, for some reason, restarting from task manager kept the virus from blocking me out. I had just reloaded a couple months ago too. PITA. Oh well, at least I got it. For a minute there it was looking like I might have to just wipe the hard drive. Anyway, this song came to mind while I was troubleshooting.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq8pMNX-KWA"]YouTube[/ame]

Happy Friday! I am in Gainesville, staying with my son and his 2 college roommates. Brought all my beer with me so they haven't even mentioned rent money yet. My son said he'll sleep on the couch and I can have his room/bed. Washing the sheets now, I don't even want to think about that. I should feel bad about leaving my sick, dying hubby, but I don't. He made me really mad and enough is enough. Whoo hooo...., shouldn't be a problem using up my beer inventory and they are all excited about learning how to make it. :rockin:

Happy Friday! I am in Gainesville, staying with my son and his 2 college roommates. Brought all my beer with me so they haven't even mentioned rent money yet. My son said he'll sleep on the couch and I can have his room/bed. Washing the sheets now, I don't even want to think about that. I should feel bad about leaving my sick, dying hubby, but I don't. He made me really mad and enough is enough. Whoo hooo...., shouldn't be a problem using up my beer inventory and they are all excited about learning how to make it. :rockin:

Woo hoo! Great news for a great Friday Nite! Let the parties begin!

A mom who washes the linen and brings cases of homebrew, those are lucky college kids! Best wishes to you BobbiLynn!

12 cases of beer and more still in the fermenters, and yes, doing their laundry while I'm at it and next will be cleaning up the kitchen. Maybe hubby will come to his senses, or maybe not. For now, partying with the college kids, one case of beer is already almost gone. I started soaking some pans, looks like they sat out for a while. And the stove here looks strong enough to handle my brew pots.

BobbiLynn said:
Awesome! This calls for some celebration!

SharonaZamboni said:
Glad to hear that you're safe, BobbiLynn. Now enjoy time with your son, and don't go right back into a bad situation. Stay where you are.
Yes, listen to Sharon! Don't go back!

I just want to reiterate... since you might have some trouble seeing the forrest for the trees after being in it for so long, that a partner (male, female or otherwise) who resorts to physical violence of any type is ABNORMAL.

Saddly, I don't think it is abnormal. You don't get a patriarchy without hitting a few women. I'm being completely serious. The idea that men shouldn't use violence to control women is pretty new in the scheme of human history and less prevalent than you might think.

And +1000 to what everyone else has said BL. Show those college boys how to drink and maybe even brew, find a new place of your own, whatever, but physical violence in a relationship is a one time thing about 0% of the time. I know you've made some crazy brews and got a tat so you might be ready for the pen, but if you have to kill your future ex-husband to save your life, I don't think we'll get to hear about your jailhouse IPA.

I'm not sure if anyone else is into this kind of thing..
http://youtu.be/7c-VYR9p4K0

Good god man, that's so bad youtube wouldn't even tell us what it is. The only thing worse than King Crimson is King Crimson from the '90s. I didn't even know there was King Crimson from the 90s. Is that how you get your kids to pick beans? Get out in the garden or you'll starve this winter and Dad is putting on King Crimson....from the 90s!!!!

Am album I liked in '95. I can't remember who I saw them open for.

TNGabe said:
Good god man, that's so bad youtube wouldn't even tell us what it is. The only thing worse than King Crimson is King Crimson from the '90s. I didn't even know there was King Crimson from the 90s. Is that how you get your kids to pick beans? Get out in the garden or you'll starve this winter and Dad is putting on King Crimson....from the 90s!!!!

Am album I liked in '95. I can't remember who I saw them open for.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6a_B18Tw1E

Hahaha! Screw you man... :D

Man TV. That is a love hate relationship for me. I am a mod in a political forum so I need to watch a lot of news to keep up on things. Downright depressing at times watching the news. That and I need some background noise to sleep so I turn a TV on at bed time. I guess I cannot say that I am hooked on any shows though I just watch them to go to sleep.

We had guests over for dinner last night and had a wonderful meal. A ham with pineapple glaze :) I ate so much I only had room for one beer:(
Hmm, I watch 1/2 hour to an hour of tv a day. Mostly a cooking show while I eat dinner. Which is funny because I work for a TV provider. They had the guys from one of our commercials touring the building a little while ago. I BS'd with one of them for a few minutes, and then had to ask somebody who they were...

Ham and pineapple. That's what we would call a Hawaiian where I grew up in Washington state. Though it was usually Canadian bacon. That's a little different then ham. Different texture, and more flavor.

TNGabe said:
Whoops, I forgot to mention that 90s Crimson is much better than the stuff LG listens too. ;)

No kidding! What's up LG, that was wack! :D
I like how they used a synthesizer, but showed a drummer.

Leadgolem said:
That was interesting. I run across a lot of really strange music cruising youtube late at night.

Oh don't fool with us, I know you were actually at that concert they made the video from ;)

Just fooling with you. I have bizarre and varied music tastes as well. I think there's an Arabic folk cd in my car stereo at the moment.

That was interesting. I run across a lot of really strange music cruising youtube late at night.

Oh don't fool with us, I know you were actually at that concert they made the video from ;)

Just fooling with you. I have bizarre and varied music tastes as well. I think there's an Arabic folk cd in my car stereo at the moment.

A little Klezmer/Bluegrass medley for ya:

Back