What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some specialty malts...not living around a LHBS site sucks. I miss driving to the local hbs store and making a recipe picking up some hops and yeast and shop talking beer.

Uh, yesterday actually, but a 25' heavy duty rubber hose for my CFC. Expecting a little DC pump from China soon to use with CFC, too.

BOOM! :ban:

Looks like nano to me :) Are you using Coolbot for your ferm chamber?

According to the interwebs, my SS QDs and SS ball valve for my march pump and some silicone tubing are waiting for me to come home!

Quite- the coolbot will actually run our cold box primarily, and then I'll have a fan to a connected ferm chamber that will blow 38F air from the cold box into the ferm space to keep it at the desired ambient temps. We'll see how that works...

Quite- the coolbot will actually run our cold box primarily, and then I'll have a fan to a connected ferm chamber that will blow 38F air from the cold box into the ferm space to keep it at the desired ambient temps. We'll see how that works...

I've read of that system being used successfully w/ up to 5BBL-sized plastic fermenters. Of course, that was "successful" in the opinion of the brewer... but you gotta go with what little info you can find.

My first trade came in courtesy of mrrshotshot. Can't wait to have these finally!

ForumRunner_20130516_183020.jpg

An stc-1000 so I can build my temp controller for the craigslist fridge I bought yesterday. Think I will break it in with a lager.

My 13 gallon screw top ferm bucket from Cali arrived after 13 days in transit.... Oh well it is finally here and I am happy with the construction, which will also fit into my ferm chamber and will also hold a 55 pound sack of grain too. I think I will order another two just for grain storage. They have a nice screw top and a seal in the lid so they will seal airtight and keep grain fresh longer.

Wheelchair Bob

My 5 pack of East Coast Yeast that I was lucky to score, been trying for a year. It's got ECY01 BugFarm, ECY03 Farmhouse Brett (w/ Saison blend), ECY03-B just Brett, ECY06 Berliner Blend, ECY24 Brett Nanus.

My 13 gallon screw top ferm bucket from Cali arrived after 13 days in transit.... Oh well it is finally here and I am happy with the construction, which will also fit into my ferm chamber and will also hold a 55 pound sack of grain too. I think I will order another two just for grain storage. They have a nice screw top and a seal in the lid so they will seal airtight and keep grain fresh longer.

Wheelchair Bob

Where did you get this? I've been looking for something along these lines!

My stainless drip tray arrived early today from Beverage Factory through Amazon.com. 17 bucks for a 6 inch with wall hanger and no drain. The grate is removable for cleaning and the mounting holes are keyholed to allow it to be lifted off to wash it out. They have all different sizes, and I plan to use multiples on my keezer as I add additional taps to the system.

Wheelchair Bob

Piratwolf, check your PM's for the link to the container.

Do texts with pics count? I sent my daughter & her bf 4 beers the begining of the week. They got'em yesterday,& took pics of the unveiling. It was double boxed,& triple bagged & padded. It was a good goof to see them going through layer after layer of bubble wrap & paper to find...another triple bagged box! hahahehehoho. Open that box to...wait for it...more paper & bubble wrap!:D Then the final wrappings of small bubble wrap to get to the bottles,2 Twighlight delight dark hybrid lagers. And 2 of Hopped & Confusedv2 light hybrid lagers. They all got there to socal in one piece,& are in their fridge now. It was funny as all get out to see all that unwrapping,like King Tut or something. :ban::rockin::D

My 8cft freezer for my kegerator and my digital temp controller will be here Wednesday

brewcephus said:
Got my PtE clone from Morebeer.com

I just recently had the opportunity to try the original PtE and dang that's a good beer! Have a friend who brewed the AHS clone. Figured I would brew the morebeer clone and see who's is closer.

Can't wait to get this thing in the fermenter!!

I brewed that kit a few months ago, and its really good. I even got to do a side by side with the real deal, and it was amazingly close!

Oh, and I got my new Blichmann top tier, a 15 gallon boilermaker, a second burner and a few other things the other day. Almost have it put together, just need the gas manifold

Not beer related, but our neighbor just got back and found our long lost box of mail order pudding in his front porch. :smack: It's been MIA since Tuesday. VERY HAPPY!!! :)

Not beer related also but my other hobby being straight razor and DE shaving....... My order of Pinaud lilac vegetal and Pinaud bay rum aftershave arrived....... Also beer related my keezer tap handles came in. Just waiting now for the auber instr. controls to show up so I can start my rims build.

A Siemens spa panel and 60a Gfci to replace the Square D one that doesn't support a neutral circuit for my 60a EHERMs.

Thanks JayDog,

Just got in 3x 5g plastic carboy and 3x 6g plastic carboys from AHS. Could not pass up the BOGO for 5.99. 6 carboys under $100!!! Hope they are all they say they are.

Thanks JayDog,

Just got in 3x 5g plastic carboy and 3x 6g plastic carboys from AHS. Could not pass up the BOGO for 5.99. 6 carboys under $100!!! Hope they are all they say they are.

that's a pretty sweet deal forsure!!

I received a few rhizomes. glad they aren't planted yet. calling for below freezing tonight!!

that's a pretty sweet deal forsure!!

I received a few rhizomes. glad they aren't planted yet. calling for below freezing tonight!!

I thought the rhizomes needed the frost to trigger them into growing during the sspring?

My new plate chiller. Blew out the hose on my CFC again--finally had enough & ordered a 20-plate chiller from dudadiesel the next day. Delivered 2 days later for $77!

It was xmas come early! I got 4 ball lock kegs and a perlick SS faucet with SS shank.
I also picked up some odds and ends. a 20lb full co2 bottle and an extra propane tank
from a fellow HB off craigslist.

Didn't come in the mail but picked up an oz of whole cone centennials, priming sugar, a new airlock and hydrometer. First legal home brew purchase in sweet home Alabama. And did it at my favorite beer store, Hop City in bham.

50' stainless steel wort chiller!

Man I can't wait for my next brew day!

A 25 kg sack of floor malted Warminster Maris Otter, 100g each of fugues, EKG, challenger & bobek hops and smack packs of 1318 and 1496 wyeasts.

It's beginning to look a lot like brewday!

Back